Lowest total yards, fewest first downs but still most points in the league?

Kriegsmarine
Rookie

Postby Kriegsmarine » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:39 pm

I was looking through the stats of my current Pats franchise and realized that the stats were way off compared to the other teams. I've been using the sliders from Nza's Madden 08 Franchise Guide, but I'm playing on All-Pro - I don't know if that's what throws things off? Or maybe it could be that I'm running 8 minute quarters rather than 15? Any input is welcome.

Sponsor

Sponsor

ThePurplePeopleEater
MVP

Re: Lowest total yards, fewest first downs but still most points in the league?

Postby ThePurplePeopleEater » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:16 pm

Kriegsmarine wrote:I was looking through the stats of my current Pats franchise and realized that the stats were way off compared to the other teams. I've been using the sliders from Nza's Madden 08 Franchise Guide, but I'm playing on All-Pro - I don't know if that's what throws things off? Or maybe it could be that I'm running 8 minute quarters rather than 15? Any input is welcome.

I'm doing fine in terms of total yards on All-Pro with the Vikings read my franchise journal, but I'm experiencing the same problem with first downs as well.
"My wife passed away seven years ago, right, but the sun came up the next day, the world kept spinning and people kept going to work, and that's what we're going to do." - Mike Zimmer

jose21crisis
Veteran

Postby jose21crisis » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:29 pm

The problem with the simulated stats is that they rarely if ever match up with the played game stats. The only solution I know is to watch every game, but that takes WAY too long. I just leave it as is.

KeepinItTeal
MVP

Postby KeepinItTeal » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:10 am

What you have to find is the right slider settings that provide for realistic gameplay (ie, RBs averaging around 3.5 to 4 YPC, QBs passing for about 210-270 YPG, sacks averaging about 2 per team per game and ints. that average a little under one per team per game) and then combine that with the right number of minutes per quarter so that in the games you are playing you are running approximately the same number of offensive plays on average as the rest of the league (which should be between 60-68 plays per game). If you can find that balance, then you will start to see your team's stats match up with the rest of the league.

In my franchise, I am quite happy with the balance I've found. Here's a thread that shows the sliders I use: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=20282.

With those sliders, my Offense is averaging 20.1 points per game (23rd in the league), 144.7 yards rushing per game (2nd), 156.8 yards passing (32nd... Bortles sucks!), total Offense ranking is 21st. The Defense is giving up 14.2 points per game (1st) 78.8 yards rushing per game (6th), 219.8 yards passing (13th) total Defense ranking is 6th.

Now, I play CPU v. CPU so those sliders may not work as well when the game is played Human v. CPU, but perhaps give it a try. And, in my experience, 12 minute quarters will give you the right average number of plays per game so that you will match up with the rest of the fast sim games in the league.

Hope that helps!

Return to “General Discussion”