Minimum number of FA Punters and Kickers?

A place for all old random roster threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
JPMoneyman
All-Pro

Postby JPMoneyman » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:00 pm

Hey guys I have a quick question.
I am trying to update the rosters I have for 2018. And I know that if you don't have the right numbers in FA then it can cause things to go wrong in your Franchise (ie the franchise crashes!). So my question is this: What is the the minimum number of K and P I can have in the Free Agency pool so that this doesn't happen in my franchise? Does the draft engine in franchise generate enough new players for me to get away with having only 3 or 4 Kickers and Punters in Free Agency or is it wiser to have a few more than that?
Thanks for your insights and advice!

Jon

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Minimum number of FA Punters and Kickers?

Postby RevanFan » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:02 am

JPMoneyman wrote:Hey guys I have a quick question.
I am trying to update the rosters I have for 2018. And I know that if you don't have the right numbers in FA then it can cause things to go wrong in your Franchise (ie the franchise crashes!). So my question is this: What is the the minimum number of K and P I can have in the Free Agency pool so that this doesn't happen in my franchise? Does the draft engine in franchise generate enough new players for me to get away with having only 3 or 4 Kickers and Punters in Free Agency or is it wiser to have a few more than that?
Thanks for your insights and advice!

Jon

As long as there's enough for some to sign in case of injury, you'll be good. I've seen things go fine with as few as four, but I'd say try to keep it close to at least 10 each.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:56 am

You can have 0 free agents total, and the franchise will not crash. Revanfan is right, its a good idea to have a few. They are the least populated players in the generated draft.

I delete all of the free agents in my custom franchises because they are irrelevant to my franchise season.

And even if you do get in a bind, use Amp and make your free safety the punter.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:00 am

JPMoneyman wrote:And I know that if you don't have the right numbers in FA then it can cause things to go wrong in your Franchise (ie the franchise crashes!)

I believe it crashes when you.have too many players in the fa pool.
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

JPMoneyman
All-Pro

Postby JPMoneyman » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:24 pm

Thanks for all the advice folks!

That actually really helps me out a lot. Appreciate the info.

Return to “Archive + Q&A”