Roster Thoughts

A place for all old random roster threads.
Also, feel free to ask any questions here!
SteelerSmitty
Pro Bowl

Roster Thoughts

Postby SteelerSmitty » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:11 pm

Greetings everybody.

As a guy who is in his last three days of a 4 month unemployment, I wanted to kill some time just to give a couple of thoughts on rosters. Nothing disparaging, but a couple of thoughts and a suggestion on future rosters.

Truly appreciate those who put different rosters out there. Really appreciate those who take honest time to actually look at team websites to see who is actually on a team. Also really appreciate those who create players from scratch, especially those who create undrafted free agents and other "marginal" roster players.

Rosters can be such a huge undertaking and for those who want to moan and groan about ratings, it just seems silly. Take an editor and fix it how you want and use it for your own purposes.

I only play franchise and I keep it going year after year. Before last season, I took my franchise and downloaded all the Madden 15 Ratings, did some estimations on things like "Break Tackle" and you know what, it worked. I know the initial reaction is "well, Madden 15 has so many variables that aren't in 08, or the overall doesn't calculate the same way. Its true. I had many DL with very high ratings, most TEs are over 90, but it all reality, the relativity from player to player made the season very playable and stats were very similar to real life. In my eyes, it doesn't matter what basis a person uses for a roster, its the comparison to other players that matters the most. So, if you don't like someones roster, give them credit for putting it together and fix it how you want and play and enjoy. Simple.

Moving on, the one thing about rosters that I haven't seen a ton of discussion about is the actual body characteristics of players. Some rosters make players "bigger" and some are "smaller" in terms of body shape, size, leg size, pad shelf, etc. For example, back when Casey Hampton played for the Steelers, I'd always gave him a much larger thigh and "booty" size since he deserved it. One component using NZA's editor that's always been confusing to me as I look at rosters is "body overall" and how that affects the overall size of a player as compared to another.

In other words, does anyone use some type of quantification on how they create the "body size and type" for players?

Thanks for all of your time and I can't wait to start playing Madden again in the fall.

Roster Thoughts

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Roster Thoughts

Postby RevanFan » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:03 pm

Mostly, all I do is create the player and use NZA to auto-correct body size based on height and weight. The players look pretty good after that. If you want you can always go in and adjust it a bit, though.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

SteelerSmitty
Pro Bowl

Re: Roster Thoughts

Postby SteelerSmitty » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:07 pm

I try doing some adjusting, but like roster player attributes, it takes a ton of time to get the body shape close and nobody really has that much time. Do we have access to the formula which creates the auto-adjust so I can establish a baseline?

Return to “Archive + Q&A”