Anyone with baseball experience?

jose21crisis
Hall of Fame

Postby jose21crisis » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:42 am

So I recently got myself some MVP Baseball 2005. It is a pretty darn good game, alright. Now, while I find it good, I don't find so good the Dynasty/Owner Mode parts. Specifically, the Team Management aspects because I'm not that experienced with one should build a baseball team, nor how one should build the minor league teams. Anyone with experience on this, like which would be the recommended depth for some positions and so on?
Semper fi
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Always have a plan. And a backup plan. And backups to the backup.
And be able to improvise.

Sponsor

Sponsor

tinpanalley
All-Pro

Re: Anyone with baseball experience?

Postby tinpanalley » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:22 am

It's not really about a specific strategy. You have 9 positions in the field, and you want depth in every aspect of your bullpen. So you want starters, long relievers, middle relievers, and several late inning guys that can be closers or set up pitchers. After that, it really is a question of how you want to build your team. I think the reason you haven't gotten any replies is because there isn't really an answer to your question. It's like asking what formation you should use in soccer, the answer is: well, how do you want to play? Do you want to put all your effort into building the most homerun hitting team steeped in guys with high slugging percentages? Do you want to have a weak team offensively but get shutouts and strikeouts every game? If there was one way to do it, every team would do well in MLB.

But if you do want really indepth strategies to try out, or just to shoot the breeze with people who are really heavily into baseball strategy, I'd go first of all to a forum that more heavily is based in baseball games. Go to MVPMods. Just keep in mind MVPMods is more about modding and the crowd is older so we tend to just play the game and not treat it like it's Out Of The Park Baseball or anything. But it's a community of passionate fans of the their game over there like here with Madden, so popping in to ask a random question without thorough info may get you ignored by people who may think you're just a one time person looking for a fix for your particular thing, which happens a lot. ("How do I change my TV logo?", "how do I make my icons blue instead of red?", etc etc)

Return to “PC”