USEFUL LINKS (ex Tutorials Section)

PML17
Hall of Fame

Re: USEFUL LINKS (ex Tutorials Section)

Postby PML17 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:12 am

lichtental, the topic is looking good!
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

Sponsor

Sponsor

lichtental
MVP

Postby lichtental » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:48 am

pleake17 wrote:lichtental, the topic is looking good!

thank you ! I'm waiting to add your MOD ;)

meanwhile a nice idea by Gridiron

Gamepad Button Trainer http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14702

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:17 am

lichtental wrote:
pleake17 wrote:lichtental, the topic is looking good!

thank you ! I'm waiting to add your MOD ;)

meanwhile a nice idea by Gridiron

Gamepad Button Trainer http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14702

You really know how to put the pressure on a guy lichtental.
That's OK, I'm coming through with something that most everyone should like.
I thought I'd be finished by now, but it seems that there's a bit of "mission creep" involved.

However, this post is about the news that it looks like we've solved the inability to patch the Amazon download version here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14718
I thought that thread might deserve a mention somewhere although it would probably need retitling from "Patch not working!".
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

lichtental
MVP

Postby lichtental » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:32 am

Gridiron wrote:However, this post is about the news that it looks like we've solved the inability to patch the Amazon download version here:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14718
I thought that thread might deserve a mention somewhere although it would probably need retitling from "Patch not working!".

Patch the Amazon download version http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14718

lichtental
MVP

Postby lichtental » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:33 am

Outstanding job, as usual, by elguapo

Nike Pro Combat templates http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=84&t=3304

jakjak
Rookie

Postby jakjak » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:01 pm

hi,
May I suggest that the "useful links" page contain links to all the various programs that are useful for this site. After about 8 hours of searching (not exaggerating) and reading posts about NZA and Stingray and MadMod and Editors and DBs and such, I clicked on this "useful link" in this section...

importing custom player portraits. http://ffmadden.wikia.com/wiki/Importin ... _portraits

and I finally found an actual link to at least the NZA and Stingray programs that I've heard of. I'll go now and see what they do, so I can finally make some progress (I think), but I would REALLY have appreciated an easier way to find them... and maybe the MadMod or other stuff that might be useful that I still don't have. The problem is that there are literally thousands of references to these utilities and no way to find the actual link other than to look at one post after another.

On another, non-whining, note... THANK YOU GUYS!!! finding this site has been really terrific, especially since we have been a 'console-free' zone for years and up-to-date Madden 08 can join the up-to-date NHL 2004 as continuing great games! on the PC (and I can just keep upgrading the hardware as needed).

Thanks,
- jak

DrBrownsFan
MVP
Location: Akron, Ohio. Home of the 0-Time NCAA Champion University of Akron Zips! FEAR THE ROO!

Postby DrBrownsFan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:14 am

jakjak wrote:May I suggest that the "useful links" page contain links to all the various programs that are useful for this site. After about 8 hours of searching (not exaggerating) and reading posts about NZA and Stingray and MadMod and Editors and DBs and such, I clicked on this "useful link" in this section...

importing custom player portraits. http://ffmadden.wikia.com/wiki/Importin ... _portraits

and I finally found an actual link to at least the NZA and Stingray programs that I've heard of.

I'm glad you found the files at last. These files are on the wiki, which (I assume, correct me if I'm wrong mods) keeps the cost of maintaining this site lower. Also, the wiki is for files that were previously housed on Football-Freaks and were somehow recovered after the closing. There is a link to the wiki at the bottom of the index page (might I suggest we make it a bit more visible?) and many posts mention the wiki as a place where one can find many great tools and other stuff. Having those files on the wiki is a good way to organize between stuff that was on FF (which is everything we've been able to recover, out of thousands of files on FF when it closed :| ) and new material created by the FI community. I agree that the files should be more prominently hosted; maybe the mods could move the link up to nearer the top of the index page layout and add a bit more description than just "FF Wiki", and lichtental, maybe the OP here should have a reference to the wiki at the very top of the list.

[/2¢]
I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV. But I, and 4/5 trained apes, prescribe lichtental's extremely useful USEFUL LINKS thread.

*One grain of salt included in each prescription.

lichtental
MVP

Postby lichtental » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:04 am

jakjak wrote:hi,
May I suggest that the "useful links" page contain links to all the various programs that are useful for this site. After about 8 hours of searching (not exaggerating) and reading posts about NZA and Stingray and MadMod and Editors and DBs and such, I clicked on this "useful link" in this section...

DrBrownsFan wrote: lichtental, maybe the OP here should have a reference to the wiki at the very top of the list.

[/2¢]

@jakjak

sorry for that... here you can find all the utilities, I don't know if all the links are working, if don't, ask in the utilities section of the forum, someone sure will help you

@DrBrownsfan

good idea, I assumed that the wiki woud have been the first place where people looked for something, I will add the link

thanks, and every suggestions is appreciated :)

slydways
Banned
Location: Alliance,Ohio ........Home of the MOUNT UNION PURPLE RAIDERS 11 Division III National Championships

Postby slydways » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:40 am

Great job , lichtental !

jakjak
Rookie

Postby jakjak » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:49 am

THANKS! It is a lot more obvious now.
NOW for my actual question: Is there a tutorial (video or verbal) to do a graphics mod? I really have read a lot, and finally think I understand enough to ask a question. Here is where I am:

1- was attracted to the NIKE TexMod, as it sounded very pretty.. discovered that it had been taken down...sigh

2-downloaded and installed FFXIII mod, WOW, amazing. Then, my son, (who like all teenagers, just accepts whatever is given and then asks for more) asked if I could update the shoes,,,SHOES?!! apparently teenage boys are very into shoes these days and he wanted to see colored NIKE somethingorothers on each team. No problem, right?? right??

3-I downloaded MadMod-X and other utilities (thanks for the links, especially the old Photoshop CS2) and thought I was on the right track to just modify a shoe file and replace the old one..

3A-I tried to load the UNIFORMS file from the FFXIII mods in a uniform editor... and it crashed at about record 733 with a memory corrupt error. every time. guess that wasn't the right track...

3B-I used the uniform ripper to extract the shoe file from the running Madden08. Progress!! I can tell it is obviously the default black and white shoes that my son wants to replace... but.. it doesn't look a whole lot like a shoe. I found a shoe picture from the net and actually got a crude replacement for the sole and cleats. But my artistic streak is not nearly long enough to be able to take a side view and turn it into a wrap-around. another roadblock... and I have to assume I could re-import the new image once I created it.

SO, is there:
- a tutorial on making wrap-around images from 'normal' pictures, or how to take an appropriate photo of a real shoe (say, on a turntable or such)?
- a tutorial specifically on the graphic mod process.. I don't want to make a whole new mod, just tweak the wonderful FFXIII mod I've already downloaded and installed. I think I'm looking for something like:

- use X program to extract a shoe file from UNIFORMS.DAT
- find proper image of new team shoe from internet
- use Y program to morph new shoe file into proper format
- load old shoe file in PS2, replace appropriate portions from new shoe, save as team1.XXX using YYY bits/colors/parameters
- repeat for all teams
- use Z program to import new shoe files into old UNIFORMS.DAT and save
- play game with cool new shoes

OR
- download new uniform mod that someone else already did, you dimwit! (that would be nice)
- probably should ask how to install said new uniform mod, too.

OR
- go into Madden08-FFXIII (or some utility) and turn on "NEW SHOES" flag, you dweeb! (that would also be nice)

OR EVEN
- wait for a few weeks and the final FFXIII mod will include new shoes, doh!!

Hopefully you can just point me to a link that I missed and all is good<g>
thanks again!

Return to “FAQs”