What controller should I get?

Mike Lowe
Pro Bowl

Re: What controller should I get?

Postby Mike Lowe » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:52 pm

I guess it wasn't the first post but somewhere buried in here where I got linked to someplace I'll never find again lol

So how about this: I have my PS5 controller working but just need a way to replace the numbers on the screen with the PS button icons.

Sponsor

Sponsor

DOLPHINSKINGS1
All-Pro

Postby DOLPHINSKINGS1 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:27 pm

Mike Lowe wrote:I guess it wasn't the first post but somewhere buried in here where I got linked to someplace I'll never find again lol

So how about this: I have my PS5 controller working but just need a way to replace the numbers on the screen with the PS button icons.

Logictech F-310 is the best use that. They cost $20.
Miami Dolphins: Back-to-Back Super Bowl Champions '72-'73/ Undefeated Season Super Bowl VII & Super Bowl VIII
Los Angeles Kings: 2 Time Stanley Cup Champions 2012 & 2014

GO DOLPHINS!!!
GO KINGS GO!!!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:33 pm

Mike Lowe wrote:I guess it wasn't the first post but somewhere buried in here where I got linked to someplace I'll never find again lol

Try the ps3 tpf. load using texmod.

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=14605&hilit=ps3+icons#p37725

Mike Lowe
Pro Bowl

Postby Mike Lowe » Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:52 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:

Heck yeah that worked like a charm! Thank you! Got the PS5 controller working (I have to reintroduce it to my machine each time I start the game but takes 5 secs) and I have the PS icons now!

Is there a keymapping I can download to link the buttons to more of a modern Madden release? So for instance, where sprint would be R2 and not triangle?

Mike Lowe
Pro Bowl

Postby Mike Lowe » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:41 pm

The only issue I'm having now is that I cannot kick. I've read others having the issue but I'm not even able to kick using the right to left stick. I can move the cursor w the left stick but that's it.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:35 pm

Mike Lowe wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Heck yeah that worked like a charm! Thank you! Got the PS5 controller working (I have to reintroduce it to my machine each time I start the game but takes 5 secs) and I have the PS icons now!

Is there a keymapping I can download to link the buttons to more of a modern Madden release? So for instance, where sprint would be R2 and not triangle?

There's DS4Windows (Dual Shock) tool/mapper, made for PS4 controllers. I'm not sure if it is compatible with PS5 controllers.

Mike Lowe
Pro Bowl

Postby Mike Lowe » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:04 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
Mike Lowe wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

There's DS4Windows (Dual Shock) tool/mapper, made for PS4 controllers. I'm not sure if it is compatible with PS5 controllers.

When I try and run that app I get an error that I must install .net, but I already have v5.013 installed.

Any ideas on how to resolve that?

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:53 pm

Mike Lowe wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
Mike Lowe wrote:

When I try and run that app I get an error that I must install .net, but I already have v5.013 installed.

Not sure,it states 5.0 or higher required, so you're good there. Do you have the Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable installed? You'll need that to. There are other keymapper apps that may work. Xpadder, Pinnacle Game Profiler, AntiMicroX just to name a few. Some of them cost a few bucks if you don't mind the small fee.

Edit: If it's not too much trouble, you could possibly un-install the .net v5.013, then re-install a fresh copy to see if that resolves the problem for DS4Windows not recognizing it's on the pc already.

Mike Lowe
Pro Bowl

Postby Mike Lowe » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:31 pm

MikeWest502 wrote:
Mike Lowe wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:

Not sure,it states 5.0 or higher required, so you're good there. Do you have the Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable installed? You'll need that to. There are other keymapper apps that may work. Xpadder, Pinnacle Game Profiler, AntiMicroX just to name a few. Some of them cost a few bucks if you don't mind the small fee.

Edit: If it's not too much trouble, you could possibly un-install the .net v5.013, then re-install a fresh copy to see if that resolves the problem for DS4Windows not recognizing it's on the pc already.

Ok, got this to work for the most part so leaving some notes for others:

.net wasn't working because I had installed the x86 version instead of the x64 version. Not sure why that's the case as it seems I'm on x86, but it did work.

So the good news is that now I can kick in-game by pulling down on the right stick, but I cannot seem to get up to register on the right stick as my kicks are all dubs. Is there a lag? Nothing else seems to lag.

Also, it seems DS4Windows will override the PlayStation 3 icons plugin I'm using via Texmods. I wish that wasn't the case, so I guess I have some more controller sorting to get through.

Enough tinkering for now as my break is over and need to get back to work!

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:48 pm

Mike Lowe wrote:
MikeWest502 wrote:
Mike Lowe wrote:

Ok, got this to work for the most part so leaving some notes for others:

.net wasn't working because I had installed the x86 version instead of the x64 version. Not sure why that's the case as it seems I'm on x86, but it did work.

So the good news is that now I can kick in-game by pulling down on the right stick, but I cannot seem to get up to register on the right stick as my kicks are all dubs. Is there a lag? Nothing else seems to lag.

Also, it seems DS4Windows will override the PlayStation 3 icons plugin I'm using via Texmods. I wish that wasn't the case, so I guess I have some more controller sorting to get through.

Enough tinkering for now as my break is over and need to get back to work!

Glad you made progress. See if you can recalibrate your analog sticks in windows.

Return to “FAQs”