What controller should I get?

sicbobby9
Rookie

Re: I have good news and even better news. First the good news.

Postby sicbobby9 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:32 pm

Gridiron wrote:Thanks to the excellent tip from BadNewsBrowns » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:24 am, viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1169&hilit=controller
I can fool MADDEN into thinking my X-KIM is a XBOX 360 controller for Windows, and I was able to work with the XBOX controller icons.
Therefore I have completed the PlayStation controller menu/receiver icon TexMod substitutions.
Shown below are the built-in icons and their substitutes available from the modifications.
newbuttons.png
The top row represents the icons when using an approved controller.
The second row shows the menu icons for any other gamepad.
The third row shows the XBOX 360 icons.
The fourth row is the F*10 Logitech icons from the NewLogitech.tpf" file available above.
The fifth row displays the PlayStation icon set available in the Playstation.zip attached to this post.
The last row displays the hybrid PS/PC icon set available in the PS&PChybrid.zip also attached.

Hey Gridiron anyway you could please repost the "playstation.zip" file for this? The download is corrupted, every time I try to unzip it I get a error that the file is damaged or corrupted. If you would rather email it my email is bobbyp9@outlook.com. Thanks man! I love this little mod, I got a new computer and for got to backup all my madden stuff.

Re: I have good news and even better news. First the good news.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Gridiron
MVP

Re: What controller should I get?

Postby Gridiron » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:54 pm

All of the PlayStation icon .tpfs are contained in the zip attached to this post.
viewtopic.php?f=91&t=14605#p37725
Let me know if this isn't what you are looking for.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

sicbobby9
Rookie

Postby sicbobby9 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:47 pm

That's what I needed bro! Thanks

sl1m3y
Rookie

Postby sl1m3y » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:01 pm

Hi, I just bought a Hori Fps assault controller for xbox 360 and pc http://www.amazon.com/HORI-360-FPS-Assault-Pad-EX/dp/B008XHCLG8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1446249352&sr=8-1&keywords=hori+fps+assault+pad

and im getting the numbers to pop up instead of the regular x.b,a,y,rb ect. when i go to my device it says its pad a. it uses an xbox driver. i tried to do the registry hack it just says pad a and and not controller for xbox 360. I have used joy to key to map buttons but it be so much better to me to see right icons. can anyone help me so it works like a xbox 360 controller should?

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:19 pm

sl1m3y wrote:Hi, I just bought a Hori Fps assault controller for xbox 360 and pc
and im getting the numbers to pop up instead of the regular x.b,a,y,rb ect. when i go to my device it says its pad a. it uses an xbox driver. i tried to do the registry hack it just says pad a and and not controller for xbox 360. I have used joy to key to map buttons but it be so much better to me to see right icons. can anyone help me so it works like a xbox 360 controller should?

As posted elsewhere, if you are using any Windows® 7, Vista™ or XP then the registry hack should work for the XBOX 360 compatibles.
If you are on Windows® 8.x or Vista 10, and the name hack does not work the same, then I have no idea what you might need to do.

If your game controller is reporting the controller name as "pad a", and that is not the original controller name, then you did something wrong with the registry key mods, and you'll need to restore your registry to the way it was before the hacking and attempt it again.

If you didn't make a backup of the registry keys, or keep track of which keys you changed, then use the controller's VID/PID to search for the appropriate registry entries.

Good luck and report your results.

sl1m3y
Rookie

Postby sl1m3y » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:50 am

Gridiron wrote:
sl1m3y wrote:Hi, I just bought a Hori Fps assault controller for xbox 360 and pc

As posted elsewhere, if you are using any Windows® 7, Vista™ or XP then the registry hack should work for the XBOX 360 compatibles.
If you are on Windows® 8.x or Vista 10, and the name hack does not work the same, then I have no idea what you might need to do.

If your game controller is reporting the controller name as "pad a", and that is not the original controller name, then you did something wrong with the registry key mods, and you'll need to restore your registry to the way it was before the hacking and attempt it again.

If you didn't make a backup of the registry keys, or keep track of which keys you changed, then use the controller's VID/PID to search for the appropriate registry entries.

Good luck and report your results.

i should have made this more clear. i never changed anything with register hacks. the controller has been known as pad a since i plugged it in and it installed the drivers its self. I am using windows 7.

sl1m3y
Rookie

Postby sl1m3y » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:29 am

Ok i got an update. After I changed the name of controller to XBOX 360 For Windows (Controller) it worked.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:47 pm

I have an update to my request:
"If anyone gets the v0.7.1001 offline/local mode to work in Windows®7 with a clone DS3 controller, I'd sure like to know."

Using Windows®7 Professional I was able to get the v0.7.1001 offline/local mode to work just fine with all my clone controllers.
That Win7 laptop that had tried to install to earlier, must have some driver resource issues.

The only known caveat with MotionInJoy is that (I've read in several places) sometimes there is a conflict with Bluetooth drivers, and the MiJ uninstall is problematic in the Bluetooth area. Fortunately that is not a concern with my installation, and MiJ has worked very well for me to allow PS3 controllers to work with MADDEN since February 2013.

Now for some PS4 controller with MADDEN 08 information?

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:27 pm

Gridiron wrote:I have an update to my request:
"If anyone gets the v0.7.1001 offline/local mode to work in Windows®7 with a clone DS3 controller, I'd sure like to know."

Using Windows®7 Professional I was able to get the v0.7.1001 offline/local mode to work just fine with all my clone controllers.
That Win7 laptop that had tried to install to earlier, must have some driver resource issues.

The only known caveat with MotionInJoy is that (I've read in several places) sometimes there is a conflict with Bluetooth drivers, and the MiJ uninstall is problematic in the Bluetooth area. Fortunately that is not a concern with my installation, and MiJ has worked very well for me to allow PS3 controllers to work with MADDEN since February 2013.

Now for some PS4 controller with MADDEN 08 information?

New user Falco has information about PS4 controller on PC....hopefully he posts it somewhere on the forum....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:21 pm

Somehow I missed this post!

deshayzilla wrote:So i'm really new to this Madden 08 community and I've just started playing the game with a Logitech precision controller and it worked pretty well (despite not having dual analog sticks). However kicking is all sorts of mess up without those analog sticks so I tried my other controllers that I have such as a ps2 to usb controller converter (I use this with my PS3 to have a PS2 controller on the system) and a Mad Catz xbox 360 controller. Both controllers have the button placement all backwards in the game. Is there anyway to change this or download a better driver for the controllers?

You most likely have already solved this problem by getting a new controller. ;)

I also have a Logitech Precision controller,
and I find it somewhat amazing that you described it as working pretty well with MADDEN.

Return to “FAQs”