What controller should I get?

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Re: What controller should I get?

Postby Rixster67r » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:12 pm

tpfitz wrote:I have an Xbox One PC Bluetooth Controller.

This is how I got my Madden 08 to recognize it, and all the buttons do what they are supposed to do.

1. Win+R to open Run command
2. Type "regedit" into the dialog box and click OK
3. Navigate through the registry to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM
4. Click on each VID_xxxx@PID_xxxx folder (x=number) until you find one whose OEMName key reads XBOX ONE or whatever controller
5. Double Click OEM Name and replace "XBOX ONE" or whatever it exactly reads with "Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" without quotes.
6, Exit out of the Registry and reconnect Xbox One controller.
7. Start Madden. Madden should now see the Xbox One controller as an Xbox 360 Controller.

Now, for some people who have tried other methods, included programs that make new .dll's or for people who have replaced drivers, etc... truth be told, either you will have to 100% UNDO everything you have done, or do a fresh Windows install to make sure in most cases. I have read other people having issues after trying other methods, and I on a past attempt I had issues because I had tried so many other programs and drivers.

I just happened to have a fresh install of Windows, and did this fix from the beginning ... and it worked flawlessly. I'm on Windows 10, latest update as of posting.

Thanks for the help..... going to try this.....

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:14 pm

Just gonna throw a longshot here... but I tried hooking up my Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to try and use in Madden 08... and while it was surprisingly recognized, when I entered a game, the controls when nuts and I wasn't able to get the kickoff off. Any ideas if getting the controller to work would be possible?
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

NGxBG
Rookie

Postby NGxBG » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:43 am

Hello everyone,

I´ve recently started using Xbox 360 Controller on PC, but my Madden is displaying the buttons with numbers (E.g. 1,2,3,4 instead of A,B,X,Y). Is there a way to fix this and make madden recognize them as they are ?

d36williams
Veteran

Postby d36williams » Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:46 pm

AFAIK the only way to fix the numbers to look like Letters is by changing the Graphics. There is some way to switch out those graphics.
Personally I just roll with the numbers, it took a bit of time to learn though. I've read updating the graphics is nice if you have friends play with you.

I use a Logitech controller that has a "D - X" switch on the back. For every game I've ever played, the game recognized the controlled in X mode. Except Madden 2008, which prefers "D". I also have to have this button lit on the controller labeled "mode". It's a Logitech Dual Stick Controller, F310

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:20 pm

NGxBG wrote:Hello everyone,

I´ve recently started using Xbox 360 Controller on PC, but my Madden is displaying the buttons with numbers (E.g. 1,2,3,4 instead of A,B,X,Y). Is there a way to fix this and make madden recognize them as they are ?

You need to follow the steps posted by tpfitz. I've been usig my 360 controller for a while playing Madden, the button letters display and work correctly. It should only take a few minutes to setup. Also there is the Microsoft Accessories app you should install, it's on the Microsft store site.

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:29 pm

d36williams wrote:AFAIK the only to Xbox way to fix the numbers to look like Letters is by changing the Graphics. There is some way to switch out those graphics.
Personally I just roll with the numbers, it took a bit of time to learn though. I've read updating the graphics is nice if you have friends play with you.

I use a Logitech controller that has a "D - X" switch on the back. For every game I've ever played, the game recognized the controlled in X mode. Except Madden 2008, which prefers "D". I also have to have this button lit on the controller labeled "mode". It's a Logitech Dual Stick Controller, F310

There are controller tpf's available you can use that changes the numbers to letters to emulate Xbox 360 or PS3 controllers if you don't mind using texmod.

d36williams
Veteran

Postby d36williams » Sun Dec 26, 2021 6:40 pm

I've found TexMod pretty easy to use for everything except stand alone stadium TPFs

MikeWest502
Hall of Fame

Postby MikeWest502 » Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:58 pm

d36williams wrote:I've found TexMod pretty easy to use for everything except stand alone stadium TPFs

Most of the latest stadiums are up to date and have been imported into the latest release of the FI mod's stadium.dat. If you want any of the older stadium tpf's to work, you'll need a stadium.dat from a previous version of the mod.

Mike Lowe
Pro Bowl

Postby Mike Lowe » Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:48 pm

It seems both of the downloads in the first link are corrupt now. Does anyone have these zips?

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:36 pm

Which links are you referring to...... Mike Rowe? Dirty Job? lol :D ;) :o :oops:

Return to “FAQs”