Teams Releasing All Free Agents?

ZeR0
Veteran

Postby ZeR0 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:13 pm

Using the latest FF mod, Rogers roster, and NZA editor.

Anyway, got to the offseason, everything going fine, but all of the sudden like EVERY player is a free agent. Even though it shows Rodgers with a 5 year contract he's a free agent. All the major QBs - Newton, Brees, etc. are all free agents. Harrison Smith (Vikings S) also a free agent. I tried disabling salary cap, increasing it, etc. Anyone else run into this? Never seen this before where there's a TON of 90+ overall players in the prime of their career as free agents.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Re: Teams Releasing All Free Agents?

Postby Danchat » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:13 pm

ZeR0 wrote:Using the latest FF mod, Rogers roster, and NZA editor.

Anyway, got to the offseason, everything going fine, but all of the sudden like EVERY player is a free agent. Even though it shows Rodgers with a 5 year contract he's a free agent. All the major QBs - Newton, Brees, etc. are all free agents. Harrison Smith (Vikings S) also a free agent. I tried disabling salary cap, increasing it, etc. Anyone else run into this? Never seen this before where there's a TON of 90+ overall players in the prime of their career as free agents.

These players are getting released during the "Roster Management" part of the offseason. The AI thinks that the numbers these players are making is too much, so they are released during the one of the two Roster Management segments and I know this because Rogers' rosters use the current salaries, which by Madden 08's standards are too expensive. You can prevent this by taking control of all 32 teams before roster management happens - you can do this using an editor like NZA's or Madden AMP.

Rodgers shouldn't still have a 5 year deal while being a free agent. If he does, I would use an editor to erase that.

As an aside, I've already answered this question several times, perhaps we (looking at you, Revanfan, when you read this at some point) should have this in the FAQs?
Franchise Journal - Atticus Jenkins: Head Coach of the San Francisco 49ers
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2387&start=400

BUS36
Hall of Fame

Postby BUS36 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:06 am

All you have to do is re-assign the players back to their teams with Madden AMP or Nza's Editor.
I bleed BLACK N GOLD

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:09 am

BUS36 wrote:All you have to do is re-assign the players back to their teams with Madden AMP or Nza's Editor.

That can't really be done during the free agency stage of the offseason. It's best left to once you're at the preseason schedule.

As for Danny, how do you think we should have it in the FAQs? Like, move this post to that forum? If that's what you mean, I'll do that now. If not, let me know what you meant.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

ZeR0
Veteran

Postby ZeR0 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:47 pm

Danchat wrote:
ZeR0 wrote:Using the latest FF mod, Rogers roster, and NZA editor.

These players are getting released during the "Roster Management" part of the offseason. The AI thinks that the numbers these players are making is too much, so they are released during the one of the two Roster Management segments and I know this because Rogers' rosters use the current salaries, which by Madden 08's standards are too expensive. You can prevent this by taking control of all 32 teams before roster management happens - you can do this using an editor like NZA's or Madden AMP.

Rodgers shouldn't still have a 5 year deal while being a free agent. If he does, I would use an editor to erase that.

As an aside, I've already answered this question several times, perhaps we (looking at you, Revanfan, when you read this at some point) should have this in the FAQs?

That's what I figured.

I took control of teams upon the re-assigning of roles/etc, it seems like they're releasing folks categorized as restricted. Like Cam Newton, Harrison Smith, Aaron Rodgers, all the really good high paid guys are restricted which Fs with the system.

When I took control of teams and moved past restricted, then released control so I didn't have to manage free agency, did the draft (took control), and then released control, the system released everyone again in the second part of the free agency...

So if I want to control the draft (which I do because the CPU is stupid) I'll have to take control, release control, take control (for draft) - resign individuals manually (so they don't release everyone), then release control, LOL. Taking/releasing control of teams works fairly well as long as you do it at the right stages.

Anyway yah a FAQ wouldn't be bad. It was fairly easy to self audit and figure out what was going on (since obviously all the 90+ rated players are expensive for Roger's file).

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:59 pm

RevanFan wrote:
BUS36 wrote:All you have to do is re-assign the players back to their teams with Madden AMP or Nza's Editor.

That can't really be done during the free agency stage of the offseason. It's best left to once you're at the preseason schedule.

As for Danny, how do you think we should have it in the FAQs? Like, move this post to that forum? If that's what you mean, I'll do that now. If not, let me know what you meant.

That's not exactly what I meant, though now I realize we don't quite have a "troubleshooting checklist" like we do for the Troubleshooting section. I think we could use something similar, but for FAQs... perhaps convert the current "FAQs Thread" stick-ied topic into a list of frequently asked questions.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:41 pm

Danchat wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

That's not exactly what I meant, though now I realize we don't quite have a "troubleshooting checklist" like we do for the Troubleshooting section. I think we could use something similar, but for FAQs... perhaps convert the current "FAQs Thread" stick-ied topic into a list of frequently asked questions.

That's a good idea, but I'm not sure what questions should be included? How would we come up with a list?
My Cowboys Journal

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:01 pm

RevanFan wrote:
Danchat wrote:
RevanFan wrote:That can't really be done during the free agency stage of the offseason. It's best left to once you're at the preseason schedule.

That's a good idea, but I'm not sure what questions should be included? How would we come up with a list?

...I'm not exactly sure, I suppose it would be a list of Frequently Asked Questions that users would ideally look at before posting a new topic. I'm not exactly sure how to organize it since most of what I'm thinking about is already being covered by the Troubleshooting section. Maybe it would go something like this:

Click on what might be your problem:
[url]All of the best players are getting cut in the offseason[/url]
[url]Xbox 360 controller issues[/url]
[url]Improve CPU teams' drafting abilites[/url]

And users would be able to click each topic and be redirected from here. Does that make sense?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:20 pm

Danchat wrote:And users would be able to click each topic and be redirected from here. Does that make sense?

Makes sense to me. Would you care to start it? I wouldn't know where to start.
My Cowboys Journal

Danchat
Hall of Fame

Postby Danchat » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:43 am

RevanFan wrote:
Danchat wrote:And users would be able to click each topic and be redirected from here. Does that make sense?

Makes sense to me. Would you care to start it? I wouldn't know where to start.

Alright, I'll give it some thought.

Return to “FAQs”