Madden 07 Franchise Crashing After I Used an Editor

LTrain7
Rookie

Postby LTrain7 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:08 am

Hey sorry i didnt know what section I should put this in.

Anyway, I have a franchise I am playing in Madden 07, and I have never had a problem with using the editor I've been using (NZA's V13 Editor), but with this Saints franchise I am playing, I made a couple changes after the owner mode offseason but before the retirement portion. These changes were

-improving Drew Brees' accuracy and awareness a couple ticks
-changing Kurt Warner and Brett Favre's ages to 22 and then back to 36 and 37 to prevent them from retiring
-changing Maurice Jones-Drew's name
-adding some awareness to young players for them to develop

However, now when im trying to advance past the retirement section, the game always freezes and crashes when it begins initializing roster management. My question is, is there any chance I can fix my save, or will it always crash every time?

Sponsor

Sponsor

KO'BBF
MVP

Re: Madden 07 Franchise Crashing After I Used an Editor

Postby KO'BBF » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:47 am

When you changed their ages did you also change their years of experience? Maybe that is causing a problem. You can "unretire " players after madden retires them. After the retirement stage, open up the editor and search for the player. They will be assigned to a weird team. Just assign them back to their original team and they are back in for another season.

Depth charts are famous for game freezing, did you delete anyone?
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

LTrain7
Rookie

Postby LTrain7 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:57 pm

I did not change their years of experience and I didn't delete any players.

However, when I edited Brett Favre, it changed his name to New Player for some reason, but then I ended up changing it back to Brett Favre. However, when I was using the editor, it was copying some values from one player to another player for some reason. After I edited Rodgers, and then clicked on Favre, it changed Favre's name to Aaron Rodgers and changed his college to Cal. I changed his name back to Brett Favre again, but I feel like this whole mixup is what's causing the game to crash.

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:30 pm

delete those "new players" that is probably your problem. For some unknown reason, when you edit rosters in 07 [maybe 08 too?] it will start to fill your roster with "new player" from Texas, QB ... those do not really exist in the game. if you did edit those and try putting them in on a team, that maybe your problem. I always delete the "new player" that show up at the end of the list so my roster stays nice and tighty. They do not populate during franchise editing, only roster editing. So if you used one of those guys that would have been present from your roster before you created it into a franchise, that may be a reason to crash.

By keeping a player at the age of 22, but with 13 years of experience may screw with the game and make it crash. maybe?
"There are Coaches who spend eighteen hours a day coaching the perfect game, and they lose because the ball is oval and they can't control the bounce." - Bud Grant

KO'BBF
MVP

Postby KO'BBF » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:31 pm

... also its worth mentioning, in nza's editor you need to save before moving on to the next player. if you edit something on a player, do not save, click on to the next, it doesn't save your changes. always save before moving on to the next player

Return to “FAQs”