Passing

siewe
Rookie

Passing

Postby siewe » Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:27 am

Guys, how to make lob/deep pass, I'm only can throw bullet pass, coz standard pass to curls or shallow routes make int... Wanna throw lob to my best reciever with speed but my QB with standard pass throw not to good and my reciever should stand where the ball will fall and def int it or just tip it...

Passing

Sponsor

Sponsor

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Passing

Postby ultimatum77 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:16 am

siewe wrote:Guys, how to make lob/deep pass, I'm only can throw bullet pass, coz standard pass to curls or shallow routes make int... Wanna throw lob to my best reciever with speed but my QB with standard pass throw not to good and my reciever should stand where the ball will fall and def int it or just tip it...

I suggest you look at my posts on "is the fade route able to be completed" the 1st page provides my suggestions and a screenshot tutorial.....although it is for a fade pass/lob within 20 yards the same keys work....you just aim your throw deep (up arrow plus direction arrow like left if your wr is on left of LOS...and then light tap the S or whatever wr's button is.......it will lob it up there.....

if i have some spare time later this week I will try to do a tutorial on that but I think the fade route tutorial will work just as well (same key combinations) and the only difference being deeper than 15-20 yards pass wise....

once you learn how to throw the lob/fade you will become a very effective passer...I complete on average 6-7 out of 10 lob passes I make in a game on all-madden default sliders no catch or pass assists.....and threw no interceptions and 5200 yrds passing in franchise mode with mariota at qb...lol.....

the key is using the up arrow mostly and also aiming your throw (note this is not with the vision cone although pre-snap highlighting a playmaker wr will have the cone already positioned on the your intended wr leading to a higher chance of getting a completion with a more accurate throw using the cone/highlighted wr.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

siewe
Rookie

Postby siewe » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:07 pm

i'm playing on gamepad... but i'll try like you sayin

Austinmario13
Hall of Fame

Postby Austinmario13 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:14 pm

you just tap the pass button to lob. Holding it down does a bullet pass.

siewe
Rookie

Postby siewe » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:31 am

bro, it helps me, with Alex Smith to Tyreek Hill is good, but not always so it's realistic (playing all-pro)

Bengals_18
Rookie

Postby Bengals_18 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:35 am

ultimatum77 wrote:
siewe wrote:Guys, how to make lob/deep pass, I'm only can throw bullet pass, coz standard pass to curls or shallow routes make int... Wanna throw lob to my best reciever with speed but my QB with standard pass throw not to good and my reciever should stand where the ball will fall and def int it or just tip it...

I suggest you look at my posts on "is the fade route able to be completed" the 1st page provides my suggestions and a screenshot tutorial.....although it is for a fade pass/lob within 20 yards the same keys work....you just aim your throw deep (up arrow plus direction arrow like left if your wr is on left of LOS...and then light tap the S or whatever wr's button is.......it will lob it up there.....

if i have some spare time later this week I will try to do a tutorial on that but I think the fade route tutorial will work just as well (same key combinations) and the only difference being deeper than 15-20 yards pass wise....

once you learn how to throw the lob/fade you will become a very effective passer...I complete on average 6-7 out of 10 lob passes I make in a game on all-madden default sliders no catch or pass assists.....and threw no interceptions and 5200 yrds passing in franchise mode with mariota at qb...lol.....

the key is using the up arrow mostly and also aiming your throw (note this is not with the vision cone although pre-snap highlighting a playmaker wr will have the cone already positioned on the your intended wr leading to a higher chance of getting a completion with a more accurate throw using the cone/highlighted wr.....

Hi!

I have a few questions about the controls, since you seem to know how the game works :)
Do you really need to press the up and (left/right) arrows for lobbing a pass?
I know how to make a 1 handed catch and a diving one, do you know anything else (maybe with your magic arrows :D)?
Also, do you know what that button is where the screen shows the 4 arrows and theres a bigger green arrow 'inside' it?
With which button do you make the qb slide? I read the description in the madden scripts, but it seems there isnt a button-combination that works for me, and my qb almost always fumbles :/
Also, the special moves like hurdles (Dpad+right analog stick up it hink) and these kind of moves doesnt work for me. When i press the 'shift' key, it does any kind of move that fits the situation including hurdles, trucking, juking (basically anything) but its pretty boring since i didnt select the moves myself.

Thanks in advance :)

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:01 pm

Bengals_18 wrote:
ultimatum77 wrote:

Hi!

I have a few questions about the controls, since you seem to know how the game works :)
Do you really need to press the up and (left/right) arrows for lobbing a pass?
I know how to make a 1 handed catch and a diving one, do you know anything else (maybe with your magic arrows :D)?
Also, do you know what that button is where the screen shows the 4 arrows and theres a bigger green arrow 'inside' it?
With which button do you make the qb slide? I read the description in the madden scripts, but it seems there isnt a button-combination that works for me, and my qb almost always fumbles :/
Also, the special moves like hurdles (Dpad+right analog stick up it hink) and these kind of moves doesnt work for me. When i press the 'shift' key, it does any kind of move that fits the situation including hurdles, trucking, juking (basically anything) but its pretty boring since i didnt select the moves myself.

Thanks in advance :)

Yes you need to press left and right arrows respectively to lob a pass....if you're lobbing to the middle just up arrow only along with the wr button....(say like on an inside post route across the middle....but to make a catch and run (yac) you should throw on the run its more effective for yac....but dont use the lob when running throw a gun /dart pass and take it to the house!

use up arrow and E button (my catch button on my keyboard setup) to catch overhead (say a pass is thrown over your head and you need to get up there just E button plus up arrow (or another option is take control of the WR and press the playmaker/highlight (shift plus up arrow) to catch the overhead pass

to catch a sideline pass press E but press the opposite button away from the sideline (say your wr is runniing to the right sideline or right edge of the endzone....you would press E plus the LEFT arrow key (opposite direction) to stay in bounds and not get an incompletion....same applies the other way if your running to the left sideline press E and then the right arrow key

same with if your in the back of the endzone....press E and down arrow key to stay inbounds (better option is to turn the WR towards the ball and do this but you can make TD's using this E and down arrow combo as well

to do a leaping catch....take control of the wr....press E + up arrow plus direction of the throw (say a 30 yrd deep pass to the left sideline then you would choose the left arrow as the last key) the WR will do a spinning leap catch....

for catching an overthrown ball ....take control of wr sprint button then E button to catch...if its a slighlty overthrown ball but your wr is running ....let him keep running then take control of Wr +E button + up arrow+ direction of the throw....

to do a over the shoulder catch press E + down arrow + direction of throw arrow key ( you wont get yac with this but you can at least get a 1st down if you have a curl route for example in effect)

I am not sure of the screen arrow button but I think it is G (sorry I don't like screen plays and avoid them like the plague lol)

FOr qb slide.....break the line of scrimmage of course and then DOwn arrow + S ( s being the dive key as well when you run with qb or hb)

when running.....
SHIFT + E button (shift being the playmaker button) will help you hurdle over a defender...

also SHIFT plus up arrow helps hurdle.....or break tackle straight ahead...maybe to hurdle press an E in combo as well
Shift plus down arrow - has the defender slide off your back (aka your player takes out the defender's legs)
Shift plus left or right is a hard juke move (lateral juke not the stutter step small juke kind)
shift plus G or A gives a hard breaktackle stiff arm

hope this helps im doing this straight off memory so some key combos may be wrong (tried my best lol) but most of this will work....

if you have any other ones ask I may know of them but just forgot to list them here.;..

also DROP the gamepad bengals18son!(said in mr.miyagi voice) the keyboard is a true computer gamer's paradise esp in madden :D lol ...im just kidding man....but seriously you can do a lot more moves and more reliable on a keyboard compared to a gamepad/dpad which has to process all the inputs to different moves whereas keyboard has the moves on certain key combos only and doesn't have to decrypt what move you meant (hope that made sense .;..but just meaning the keyboard has a lot more combos and is more reliable for playing moves than the Dpad where the moves are just stuck to 6-7 keys.....

to try out these key combos i recommend going to practice mode (both off and def present) and trying them out....

also some of the arrow key combos work best if they are pressed really close together or simulatneously ...again they dont need to be mashed but just press it together as close as possible time wise...

hope this helps...i wrote this pretty fast so ignore all the misspellings lol....and try it out ! - u77
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:04 pm

i forgot to mention that you can lob the pass just pressing the wr button lightly but it most likely will sail out of bounds or get intercepted....why do that when if you throw with the arrow key you get a 90% chance of a completion with a more accurate lob!?

Col. Trautman
MVP

Postby Col. Trautman » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:03 pm

Have to pop in here with a quick question on this, do you know how to make a sliding catch for an under thrown ball? I see the sliding in for the catch animation on quick in routes where the ball is thrown low, I am curious which keys work to get that? (I have still never seen the leaping spinning catch one before....)

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Postby ultimatum77 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:37 pm

Col. Trautman wrote:Have to pop in here with a quick question on this, do you know how to make a sliding catch for an under thrown ball? I see the sliding in for the catch animation on quick in routes where the ball is thrown low, I am curious which keys work to get that? (I have still never seen the leaping spinning catch one before....)

Hi there, yes for the sliding catch (i'm assuming you mean where the WR gets on his knees to catch the ball) just make sure the wr is coming back to the ball by pressing down arrow + direction of the throw + the E button (catch button)...for example if its a curl route to the left side of the LOS and say your qb gets hit ....take control of the wr ( forgot to mention that but in order to do the slide catch you need to do this first).....and then down arrow + direction of underthrow (in this case left arrow key) + E button.....

my memory says to press down then left in that order but I think if you pressed them simulatenously the same effect would happen

as for the pull in catch with the arms extended out....E button plus direction of the throw (sometimes requires that you take control of the WR and sprint laterally ahead by 2-3 yards on an overthrow so it doesn't become an incompletion.....

for catching behind the back (say ball is thrown behind you) E button plus opposite direction you were running ...say you're running left but ball is 1-2 yards thrown behind you....you would do E button plus opposite direction (right arrow key in this case)....or you could use the playmaker button (shift) and E button + right arrow key to do this type of catch....this is what I also call as the SNAG catch or 1 handed backward grab...where the player tries to grab the ball behind him while running on his intended route pattern....

I should mention that the catch rate is very low on the behind the back...I've only made like 3 catches doing that and it seems to be correct as catching behind the back is one of the hardest things to do in real life....

let me know if you know any other "catch moves" that I missed...and I will be sure to post them here...-u77

Return to “FAQs”