How to get FF/FI mod on Madden 08 mac?

thomlieu16
Rookie

Postby thomlieu16 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:27 pm

I absolutely love Madden 08 on mac right now, but I really want to expand it using the FF/FI mod.

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Re: How to get FF/FI mod on Madden 08 mac?

Postby 1312qohelet » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:43 pm

thomlieu16 wrote:I absolutely love Madden 08 on mac right now, but I really want to expand it using the FF/FI mod.

I've read posts, where Mac users mention running the Game and FF/FI Mod with "WINE", or "WINESKIN WINERY".
I use windows and I can't confirm anything, unfortunately. I don't even know what those are.
However, I found a thread that may offer some assistance:
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16037&p=87675&hilit=mac+users#p53886

Also try the Search function. It could possibly locate old threads that you might not see, otherwise.
Best of luck

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:47 pm

1312qohelet wrote:
thomlieu16 wrote:I absolutely love Madden 08 on mac right now, but I really want to expand it using the FF/FI mod.

I've read posts, where Mac users mention running the Game and FF/FI Mod with "WINE", or "WINESKIN WINERY".
I use windows and I can't confirm anything, unfortunately. I don't even know what those are.
However, I found a thread that may offer some assistance:
http://www.footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16037&p=87675&hilit=mac+users#p53886

Also try the Search function. It could possibly locate old threads that you might not see, otherwise.
Best of luck

I'm familiar with WINE for Linux, but not so much for MacOS. Probably because I've only ever used MacOS for a total of five minutes in my life. It's essentially a compatibility layer that tells Windows-based programs how to speak to UNIX-based systems such as MacOS or Linux. It's primarily designed for Linux, but works with most all UNIX-based systems.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

adoreizi
Pro Bowl

Postby adoreizi » Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:37 am

Been there bro. I’ve tried numerous times—even asking people from PortingTeam to help make a madden port for wine. Unfortunately we couldn’t get it working.

As an alternative, you could just run parrells or bootcamp to run windows on your Mac. I use to do that to keep the scripts working too.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:51 am

I actually have a virtual machine of macOS. I may install madden on it sometime soon and write up a guide (assuming I can figure it out.) No guarantees though.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “FAQs”