Controller config won't save

kcardoso92
Rookie

Postby kcardoso92 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:54 pm

Hi all,

I came across this and downloaded this a few days ago. I got it all up and running with the latest FF mod and have dynamic lighting mod as well. The first day it ran fine but I noticed today my controller reverted back to default controls and every time I change it, they just never get applied.

I can change the config in the main menu and have it saved that way, although when I go into the game it's back to default config, and changing it does nothing but revert back. I searched the forum and found another person with the exact problem but no one had responded unfortunately. I tried loading profiles, no profiles, reinstalling FF mod and nothing. Would anyone happen to know what could be the issue?

Thanks

Sponsor

Sponsor

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Re: Controller config won't save

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:11 am

kcardoso92 wrote:Hi all,

I came across this and downloaded this a few days ago. I got it all up and running with the latest FF mod and have dynamic lighting mod as well. The first day it ran fine but I noticed today my controller reverted back to default controls and every time I change it, they just never get applied.

I can change the config in the main menu and have it saved that way, although when I go into the game it's back to default config, and changing it does nothing but revert back. I searched the forum and found another person with the exact problem but no one had responded unfortunately. I tried loading profiles, no profiles, reinstalling FF mod and nothing. Would anyone happen to know what could be the issue?

Thanks

I'm sorry you are having trouble.
First, no one responded to the other's question, probably because they don't have an answer.
I've never tried to change my button configuration in-game.

What brand of controller are you using? XBOX, XBOX360, XBOX One, , PS2/3/4, other brand, keyboard

Gridiron
MVP

Postby Gridiron » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:09 am

Thanks

You have uncovered just one of the flaws that EA decided not to fix for the computer version.
IMO that bug is INEXCUSABLE in a major game release from a so-called professional software house.
The controller re-mapping problems also seem to manifest as a mis-coordination between the menu selections and the game.
My advice is abandon any effort to remap the controller using the dysfunctional main menu interface.
GRIDIRON! The 1st physics based computer football simulation.

1312qohelet
Hall of Fame

Postby 1312qohelet » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:04 am

Gridiron wrote:

Thanks

You have uncovered just one of the flaws that EA decided not to fix for the computer version.
IMO that bug is INEXCUSABLE in a major game release from a so-called professional software house.
The controller re-mapping problems also seem to manifest as a mis-coordination between the menu selections and the game.
My advice is abandon any effort to remap the controller using the dysfunctional main menu interface.

You're right, Grid, that's inexcusable.....shameful, really.

Thanks for the information, anyway.

kcardoso92
Rookie

Postby kcardoso92 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:11 pm

Thanks for the replies. I am using an official PS3 controller. The game picks it up as an 360 controller like most if not all of my games.

Is there a way to remap button configurations outside of the game then?

kcardoso92
Rookie

Postby kcardoso92 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:47 pm

I figure I post an update as I was able to get it working. I ended up deleting all game files and re-installing from scratch. I also removed all my controllers from devices and printers screen in the control panel.

I reinstalled the x360 controller driver for just one of my controllers. I'm not sure if multiple controllers could have caused this but I was able to get my config saved and it did not revert back in game!

Return to “FAQs”