A few questions from a new player

jjhyt7
Rookie

Postby jjhyt7 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:04 pm

Hello. So I've had Madden 05 through Madden 11 for the GameCube and then the Wii from 08 on. I'll be getting Madden 08 for the pc for my birthday this week, but I have a few questions about it.
First, is it possible to make a custom playbook and then use it in franchise mode? I used to love finding /creating the perfect playbook and setting up all the substitutions and everything for 07 but I hated that I couldn't do all that in Franchise mode.
2nd, is there any way to increase the roster size through the offseason? I've searched here and haven't found anything that answered this. But I guess what I would like would be to have a limit of 65 players(or somewhere around there) with a deadline of the 1st preseason game to trim my roster back down to 55.
Thanks. I can't wait to get it and start trying it out.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Re: A few questions from a new player

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:35 pm

jjhyt7 wrote:Hello. So I've had Madden 05 through Madden 11 for the GameCube and then the Wii from 08 on. I'll be getting Madden 08 for the pc for my birthday this week, but I have a few questions about it.
First, is it possible to make a custom playbook and then use it in franchise mode? I used to love finding /creating the perfect playbook and setting up all the substitutions and everything for 07 but I hated that I couldn't do all that in Franchise mode.
2nd, is there any way to increase the roster size through the offseason? I've searched here and haven't found anything that answered this. But I guess what I would like would be to have a limit of 65 players(or somewhere around there) with a deadline of the 1st preseason game to trim my roster back down to 55.

1. I'm not sure, but I believe so. If you create a playbook, you can likely select it before starting a game in franchise.

2. Not by default, but if you are playing Madden 08, and you use the FF/FI Mod, you can follow this guide I wrote 6 years ago to have 90 players in the preseason.

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=540

Also, happy birthday. Be sure to check out the Starting Guide for New Players, which can be found at the top of any subfoum. We're releasing a big update to the FF mod in a few weeks, so I'd recommend waiting until that comes out to start a franchise. You can follow progress in the following thread.

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19683
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

jjhyt7
Rookie

Postby jjhyt7 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:42 pm

RevanFan wrote:
jjhyt7 wrote:Hello. So I've had Madden 05 through Madden 11 for the GameCube and then the Wii from 08 on. I'll be getting Madden 08 for the pc for my birthday this week, but I have a few questions about it.

1. I'm not sure, but I believe so. If you create a playbook, you can likely select it before starting a game in franchise.

2. Not by default, but if you are playing Madden 08, and you use the FF/FI Mod, you can follow this guide I wrote 6 years ago to have 90 players in the preseason.

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=540

Also, happy birthday. Be sure to check out the Starting Guide for New Players, which can be found at the top of any subfoum. We're releasing a big update to the FF mod in a few weeks, so I'd recommend waiting until that comes out to start a franchise. You can follow progress in the following thread.

Thanks. I'll check those out tomorrow or Tuesday.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:43 pm

jjhyt7 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=540

Thanks. I'll check those out tomorrow or Tuesday.

If you have any questions after checking out those links and reading the Starting Guide for New Players, feel free to send me a PM.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Return to “FAQs”