Can I redo a roster without the game at all?

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:24 pm

i plan to get copy of madden 08 sooner or later. i want to start working on a 1998 roster in the mean time. can i just download a default 08 roster i see here, and start editing away with the roster editor? or would i have to load it up with madden 08, save it, and then quit the game, or something?

if i wanted to do away with player portraits completely, in bulk fashion, is there a 1 trick pony where i could just temporarily remove the player portrait file or something? so itll just show blank portraits?
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

Sponsor

Sponsor

achernar
Hall of Fame

Re: Can I redo a roster without the game at all?

Postby achernar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:12 pm

Use NZA Editor with the .ros

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:28 pm

truetothegame13 wrote:i plan to get copy of madden 08 sooner or later. i want to start working on a 1998 roster in the mean time. can i just download a default 08 roster i see here, and start editing away with the roster editor? or would i have to load it up with madden 08, save it, and then quit the game, or something?

if i wanted to do away with player portraits completely, in bulk fashion, is there a 1 trick pony where i could just temporarily remove the player portrait file or something? so itll just show blank portraits?

I don't recommend creating a roster exclusively with an editor, but that's because I always create players from scratch in-game. But as achernar said, you can do it with NZA's editor, 1.3 being the best version to use.

As for player portraits, there may be a setting that gets rid of portraits by setting each player to 0, which would give them cartoon-ish portraits, but removing the player portrait file is not recommended. You could, I guess, replace one portrait with a "blank portrait" and give each player that portrait ID, but I'd not recommend that. I honestly believe, if you're not using historic portraits, the best thing to do is stick with the default cartoon portraits, because blank or generic ones just look... wrong.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

achernar
Hall of Fame

Postby achernar » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:32 pm

I think if you pick the default roster, and will editing, you will be fine

like RevanFan says, create from the zero could cause some bugs..

Rixster67r
Hall of Fame

Postby Rixster67r » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:43 pm

This will help.......
Attachments
1998.ros
converted from Idabadass franchise
(2.04 MiB) Downloaded 78 times

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:53 pm

thx i appreciate it guys
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

Return to “FAQs”