Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

IndyRevoly
Veteran

Re: Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

Postby IndyRevoly » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:27 am

elguapo wrote:Are you playing on a "Grass" field instead of a "Grassy Turf" or "Turf" field?

Yes. The original game in question where the uniforms got dirty was on a grass field, the L.A. Coliseum. Checked the stat logs for the games from after my original post, where the weather effects got hard to see and the uniforms didn't get dirty again, and those were on grass fields as well. Just replayed the original Raider/Ram game in the L.A. Coliseum, low visibility weather effects and no dirt, sadly. Did notice that the Madden launcher and not mainapp itself was what I had compatibility mode on for, so I fixed that before the game.
#71,890,810,827,091 on the list of things that I can't do

Sponsor

Sponsor

Brotherjrb
Rookie

Postby Brotherjrb » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:51 am

Anyone have this on EA origin? I cannot update to the 4.0 patch and the origin version is trying to get me to connect to servers that are no longer available.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:11 pm

Brotherjrb wrote:Anyone have this on EA origin? I cannot update to the 4.0 patch and the origin version is trying to get me to connect to servers that are no longer available.

Did you try either of the 4.0 patches listed in the first post? I don't have it on Origin and they removed it from Origin so I couldn't help with that if I tried.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

promojunkie
Rookie

Postby promojunkie » Wed May 15, 2019 11:52 am

Thanks so much for the concise instructions. These mods are amazing

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun May 26, 2019 9:46 am

I've updated the instructions slightly to include a better way of installing .NET 3.5 for Windows 10. It comes already included with the OS, but needs to be activated.
My Cowboys Journal

Nolesfan21
Rookie

Postby Nolesfan21 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:09 am

I have updated the game and it’s running buttery smooth real smooth but I try run calhoupes scripts and it freezes when the game starts up I’ve read the instructions but that’s my only problem

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:21 pm

Nolesfan21 wrote:I have updated the game and it’s running buttery smooth real smooth but I try run calhoupes scripts and it freezes when the game starts up I’ve read the instructions but that’s my only problem

I answered your post in the thread you posted, and intend to help you over there.
My Cowboys Journal

TitansHope
Rookie

Postby TitansHope » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:28 pm

Is it possible to run NZA's editor on a Mac using Wine? I'm running the game + the FF mod through Wine with no problems at all (hooray!) but when I try to run NZA's editor I get an error about some kind of unknown compression scheme. I figured this might be due to not having installed .NET 1.1, but when I try to do that (also via Wine) I run into an error saying that .NET 1.1 isn't compatible with 64-bit systems. Maybe a longshot since I figure most everyone's on a PC, but has anyone done this successfully?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:09 pm

TitansHope wrote:Is it possible to run NZA's editor on a Mac using Wine? I'm running the game + the FF mod through Wine with no problems at all (hooray!) but when I try to run NZA's editor I get an error about some kind of unknown compression scheme. I figured this might be due to not having installed .NET 1.1, but when I try to do that (also via Wine) I run into an error saying that .NET 1.1 isn't compatible with 64-bit systems. Maybe a longshot since I figure most everyone's on a PC, but has anyone done this successfully?

Honestly, I have no idea. I know one way that would definitely work though, but it's a little annoying. You could use VirtualBox to set up a Windows virtual machine and run the editors in there.
My Cowboys Journal

Blue_Knight451
Rookie

Postby Blue_Knight451 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:24 am

Hello, I have completed all of the required steps, game runs great. However, when trying to install rogerjinx's roster update i found that I do not have a "Rosters" file in the game directory. I started a franchise, superstar and saved a roster in game as instructed but no roster file appears in the game directory files. Can anyone please help??

Return to “FAQs”