Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

TheNamesRyder
Rookie

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby TheNamesRyder » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:33 pm

I am using a DVD of Madden 08, followed every step of the various guides except for where Calhoupe says to use the NO DVD mainapp.exe, I did not see this until after I had already used the mainapp.exe, I've been able to mess around with stuff and play a couple of games but my game crashes alot, crashes randomly and whenever a flag is thrown. Any help would be awesome.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:04 am

TheNamesRyder wrote:I am using a DVD of Madden 08, followed every step of the various guides except for where Calhoupe says to use the NO DVD mainapp.exe, I did not see this until after I had already used the mainapp.exe, I've been able to mess around with stuff and play a couple of games but my game crashes alot, crashes randomly and whenever a flag is thrown. Any help would be awesome.

You need to use calhoupe's scripts to fix that. If you have the DVD version, you don't need to use his mainapp.exe, but you can if you want. It would allow you to not have to use your disc to play the game.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

TheNamesRyder
Rookie

Postby TheNamesRyder » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:29 am

RevanFan wrote:
TheNamesRyder wrote:I am using a DVD of Madden 08, followed every step of the various guides except for where Calhoupe says to use the NO DVD mainapp.exe, I did not see this until after I had already used the mainapp.exe, I've been able to mess around with stuff and play a couple of games but my game crashes alot, crashes randomly and whenever a flag is thrown. Any help would be awesome.

You need to use calhoupe's scripts to fix that. If you have the DVD version, you don't need to use his mainapp.exe, but you can if you want. It would allow you to not have to use your disc to play the game.

Ah gotcha thanks, maybe I did do it properly because I am able to play without the disk, but I am actually using Calhoupe's scripts, it's weird because I can play like normal and occasionally, the game will freeze, luckily this doesn't happen on every boot up.

Avexos
Rookie

Postby Avexos » Tue May 01, 2018 11:29 pm

Downloaded and installed the necessary files for the v.4 update, then downloaded and installed the FF mod. However, when I enter the game, the rosters are jumbled and removed like no other. Wrong players on wrong teams, old players with new (incorrect) player portraits, and zero new players.

Kellen Winslow is still around, and apparently, he's gotten plastic surgery because he looks just like Zach Thomas.

What did I do wrong? I've done this in the past and it worked fine.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed May 02, 2018 1:11 am

Avexos wrote:Downloaded and installed the necessary files for the v.4 update, then downloaded and installed the FF mod. However, when I enter the game, the rosters are jumbled and removed like no other. Wrong players on wrong teams, old players with new (incorrect) player portraits, and zero new players.

Kellen Winslow is still around, and apparently, he's gotten plastic surgery because he looks just like Zach Thomas.

What did I do wrong? I've done this in the past and it worked fine.

Did you load the Default Roster and make sure ALL FIVE packages are installed into the correct locations.
My Cowboys Journal

MadChef
Rookie

Postby MadChef » Mon May 28, 2018 8:09 pm

Hi. I am a newbie and trying to follow the instructions. I tried the link to the patch so that I can update to v4.

It seems that EA took down the FTP location. Anyone know where to get the patch?

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue May 29, 2018 8:30 am

MadChef wrote:Hi. I am a newbie and trying to follow the instructions. I tried the link to the patch so that I can update to v4.

It seems that EA took down the FTP location. Anyone know where to get the patch?

It's still working for me.
My Cowboys Journal

Aphilidor
Rookie

Re: Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

Postby Aphilidor » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:13 pm

thank you

IndyRevoly
Veteran

Postby IndyRevoly » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:02 am

When I first played Madden NFL 08 all those years ago, my players' uniforms would get dirty. And then, the first time I reinstalled it, they stopped getting dirty. I've never seen dirty uniforms in this game since. Until tonight, when I followed these instructions to a tee. Running it on Windows 10, tonight was the first time I made sure all the .NET Frameworks mentioned in the original post were installed. A couple weren't, and I installed them. I can't really say that that's what it was, because I don't know any better, but tonight, when I reinstalled Madden and beat down the Rams in a rainy L.A. Coliseum, my uniforms got dirty, god damn it. I'm so damn happy I could cry.

Edit: Guess I spoke too soon. Not only are the uniforms back to not getting dirty, but the rain itself borders on practically not appearing when it's "raining." Oh well, meant to install to a secondary drive anyhow and didn't, will give install another crack.
#71,890,810,827,091 on the list of things that I can't do

elguapo
Hall of Fame

Postby elguapo » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:48 pm

IndyRevoly wrote:When I first played Madden NFL 08 all those years ago, my players' uniforms would get dirty. And then, the first time I reinstalled it, they stopped getting dirty. I've never seen dirty uniforms in this game since. Until tonight, when I followed these instructions to a tee. Running it on Windows 10, tonight was the first time I made sure all the .NET Frameworks mentioned in the original post were installed. A couple weren't, and I installed them. I can't really say that that's what it was, because I don't know any better, but tonight, when I reinstalled Madden and beat down the Rams in a rainy L.A. Coliseum, my uniforms got dirty, god damn it. I'm so damn happy I could cry.

Edit: Guess I spoke too soon. Not only are the uniforms back to not getting dirty, but the rain itself borders on practically not appearing when it's "raining." Oh well, meant to install to a secondary drive anyhow and didn't, will give install another crack.

Are you playing on a "Grass" field instead of a "Grassy Turf" or "Turf" field?

Return to “FAQs”