Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby RevanFan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:17 pm

Eddy13 wrote:Was I supposed to save roster or franchise file?

Doing that creates the folders you need in Documents. If you just run the game without saving anything, the Madden Documents folders won't be created.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eddy13
Rookie

Postby Eddy13 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:03 pm

Can you elaborate the instructions "Replace the original files", please? Does that mean you replace new the Dat file just loaded from the Mod with the original dat file that came with the game? Geeze

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:40 pm

Go into the "Program Files" folder, and open the "Main" folder. From that folder, copy the files "launch.dat" and "launch.dat-orig" to the games installation folder, which by default is C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\Madden NFL 08\. Replace the original files.

[...]

Go back to the "Program Files" folder, and open the "Data1" folder. Copy the files "UIS_LIB_Stadiums.dat" and "UIS_LIB_Stadiums.dat-orig" to the "Data1" folder, which by default is C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Sports\Madden NFL 08\Data1\. Replace the original files.

I just realized how unnecessarily wordy these instructions are. Allow me to translate:

Replace the un-modded launch.dat found in Program Files\Madden\ with the downloaded launch.dat.

Replace the un-modded UIS_LIB_Stadiums.dat found in Program Files\Madden\Data1 with the downloaded UIS_LIB_Stadiums.dat.

Place any other files downloaded into Docs\Madden\, replacing the un-modded version if they exist. Rosters are placed into Docs\Madden\Rosters; Franchises are placed into Docs\Madden\Saved.

Does that make more sense? If it seems like something on this site requires extensive "experience" doing something... it doesn't.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:49 pm

moonbax wrote:I just realized how unnecessarily wordy these instructions are. Allow me to translate

I was trying to be thorough.
My Cowboys Journal

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:53 pm

Since you're going to change my words back I'm going to change them back as well since that's what I truly meant.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:54 pm

moonbax wrote:Since you're going to change my words back I'm going to change them back as well.

Actually, I quoted before you edited. I'm going to edit my quote. Nothing intended.

How do you suggest I reword it?
My Cowboys Journal

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:08 am

Rather than "original" or "old/new" (or "vanilla" if that's used) or etc. which might be creating some confusion, I'd say something to the effect of "unmodded/default/stock" and "FF-modded" or "modded."

I'd exclude the "go into the <blah> folder" parts, they are redundant.

Also, I might give a brief description of what each modded file contains, so that people understand that the downloaded files aren't some kind of foreign object, they were created by EA and then modified.

Eddy13
Rookie

Postby Eddy13 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:16 am

Thank you. That explained it very well. I appreciate your time and patience. But, after I do as directed, it loads the opening FF page and when I select play it loads the old 08 files but no new files are there..

moonbax
MVP

Postby moonbax » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:19 am

Eddy13 wrote:Thank you. That explained it very well. I appreciate your time and patience. But, after I do as directed, it loads the opening FF page and when I select play it loads the old 08 files but no new files are there..

What are "the old 08 files"? The 08 roster?

Eddy13
Rookie

Postby Eddy13 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:24 am

The unmodded/default files

Return to “FAQs”