Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

ultimatum77
Hall of Fame

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby ultimatum77 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:06 pm

ohmisterwilson wrote:I happened upon this site via Amazon comments bc I was looking for a football game for my pc. I have been a console gamer my whole life until recently I have decided to stop wasting $ on a new console every few years and just buy a really good computer with a good processor and video card. Soooooooo I happened upon Madden 08 and saw that there was a big following of active ppl who update the rosters and etc and I HAD to get in on it. This is such a dope idea and I thank you for having such a detailed site to help get me started. I just downloaded the game and will begin my journey tonight when I get home. Thanks guys, this is truly awesome!

Welcome to the forum, feel free to check out my guide for help running madden08 on newer OS's like Win7, 8.1, 10 or even older XP. The link to the guide is in my signature. Glad to have a fellow console ditcher join lol.....I ditched consoles around 10 years ago .....and agree that it is a waste of money compared to a good pc/laptop for gaming.....
For help running madden please consult my guide and posts from fellow users here....thanks! (link below) viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17907
I'm not on site much, so if I don't respond it's b/c I haven't checked in a while.

Sponsor

Sponsor

tonito550
Rookie

Postby tonito550 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:20 am

This has been killing me, but I use a program to translate my ds4 into an xbox360 controller, but I can't navigate menus with it. I have a set up that works nicely with a couch, if its possible would like to take more of an advantage of that

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:33 am

tonito550 wrote:This has been killing me, but I use a program to translate my ds4 into an xbox360 controller, but I can't navigate menus with it. I have a set up that works nicely with a couch, if its possible would like to take more of an advantage of that

The main menu and other similar menus cannot be navigated by anything other than a mouse.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

tonito550
Rookie

Postby tonito550 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:41 am

RevanFan wrote:
tonito550 wrote:This has been killing me, but I use a program to translate my ds4 into an xbox360 controller, but I can't navigate menus with it. I have a set up that works nicely with a couch, if its possible would like to take more of an advantage of that

The main menu and other similar menus cannot be navigated by anything other than a mouse.

thank you.

tonito550
Rookie

Postby tonito550 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:17 am

I have no clue how to import stadiums into my game, I have the new vikings and raiders stadiums downloaded but I dont know how to use them

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:27 am

tonito550 wrote:I have no clue how to import stadiums into my game, I have the new vikings and raiders stadiums downloaded but I dont know how to use them

The Vikings stadium is already available in the FF/FI Mod.

For any TPF files, you have to use TexMod. The stadiums should come with instructions for use.
My Cowboys Journal

maya
Rookie

Postby maya » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:09 pm

Sorry for my english I'm using the translator

Could you tell me if the ps2 madden 12 can be modified, using .ISO and the programs they use in madden 08 pc

:shock:

:twisted: MAYA QB #17

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:16 pm

maya wrote:Sorry for my english I'm using the translator

Could you tell me if the ps2 madden 12 can be modified, using .ISO and the programs they use in madden 08 pc

I don't know. The only thing I can suggest is try it for yourself. There's a chance the editors will work, but I don't know how likely it is.
My Cowboys Journal

maya
Rookie

Postby maya » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:33 pm

RevanFan wrote:

I don't know. The only thing I can suggest is try it for yourself. There's a chance the editors will work, but I don't know how likely it is.

Could you help me by telling me where I find the updated editors or what forum they are on :mrgreen:

:twisted: MAYA QB #17

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:13 am

maya wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Could you help me by telling me where I find the updated editors or what forum they are on :mrgreen:

Just go to the files page on this site. You'll be wanting to download MadMod X, which contains many tools, as well as the latest DB Editor and Dat File Replacer. The files page is pinned at the top of every subforum, as well as linked in the first post of this guide.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “FAQs”