Starting Guide for New Players

petrie1130
Rookie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:12 am

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby petrie1130 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:24 pm

new here, followed the starting guide at the top of this post.

but the game repeatedly crashes after i play a training camp in franchise mode.

can somebody please help me fix this issue?

thank you for the game and community you've built

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 8711
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby RevanFan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:39 pm

petrie1130 wrote:new here, followed the starting guide at the top of this post.

but the game repeatedly crashes after i play a training camp in franchise mode.

can somebody please help me fix this issue?

thank you for the game and community you've built

What mods/roster were you using? Did you make any edits yourself using an external editor?
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

petrie1130
Rookie
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:12 am

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby petrie1130 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:53 pm

RevanFan wrote:
petrie1130 wrote:new here, followed the starting guide at the top of this post.

but the game repeatedly crashes after i play a training camp in franchise mode.

can somebody please help me fix this issue?

thank you for the game and community you've built

What mods/roster were you using? Did you make any edits yourself using an external editor?

i have the ff/fi mod and rogerjinx's roster, and i have not made any edits on my own.

thank you for the quick reply

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 8711
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby RevanFan » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:22 pm

petrie1130 wrote:
RevanFan wrote:
petrie1130 wrote:new here, followed the starting guide at the top of this post.

but the game repeatedly crashes after i play a training camp in franchise mode.

can somebody please help me fix this issue?

thank you for the game and community you've built

What mods/roster were you using? Did you make any edits yourself using an external editor?

i have the ff/fi mod and rogerjinx's roster, and i have not made any edits on my own.

thank you for the quick reply

Do the usual troubleshooting.

1. Check to make sure no teams have more than 55 players.
2. Check to make sure all teams meet the minimum position requirements.
3. Check to make sure all players are under contract.
4. Auto-reorder all depth charts for crashing teams.

There is a chance that rogerjinx's roster might not work with training camp yet. If that's the case, it'll be up to him to fix it. But, go through the checklist I gave you just in case the issue is on your end.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 8711
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby RevanFan » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:47 pm

Added a link to EA's FTP servers for the 4.0 patch.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 8711
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby RevanFan » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:35 pm

Updated the links to Microsoft's .NET Framework. Removed 2.0 (included in 3.5), 4.5.2, and 4.6.2. Added 3.5 SP1, 4.5, and 4.7.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

Neal M
Pro Bowl
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:50 pm

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby Neal M » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:04 pm

The link for madden 4.0 patch is dead. Any idea where I can get it? I just bought the game off Amazon DL and it is 1.0.

User avatar
RevanFan
Legend
Posts: 8711
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: New York

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby RevanFan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:25 pm

Neal M wrote:The link for madden 4.0 patch is dead. Any idea where I can get it? I just bought the game off Amazon DL and it is 1.0.

No its not. It's working perfectly fine. It takes you to EA's FTP server. I just tested it now.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

Neal M
Pro Bowl
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:50 pm

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby Neal M » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:02 am

RevanFan wrote:
Neal M wrote:The link for madden 4.0 patch is dead. Any idea where I can get it? I just bought the game off Amazon DL and it is 1.0.

No its not. It's working perfectly fine. It takes you to EA's FTP server. I just tested it now.


That is odd. I have tried numerous times, including just now, and I always get "can't reach page" Msg after it tries for a while.

Since I have you, So if I try to run calhoupe's script using Amazon DL will it mess anything up if it doesn't work?

Also McAfee is giving me a virus warning for Calhoupe's 1.58. (disregard, I re-read this:
This file will sometimes trigger a virus detection. You may need to disable your virus protection to download the file and/or add an exception to your antivirus program. Cheat Engine trainers hook into memory similar to some malware so if your antivirus gets excited consider it a false positive and move on.


So I guess what I am asking is: If I try to run the script is it just a matter of it won't work or it will, or by running it and it doesn't work will my game be messed up?

chriswhiteskate
Rookie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:05 pm

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby chriswhiteskate » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:13 am

petrie1130 wrote:new here, followed the starting guide at the top of this post.

but the game repeatedly crashes after i play a training camp in franchise mode.

can somebody please help me fix this issue?

thank you for the game and community you've built

A quick fix to that may be just doing an auto reorder of your depth chart then making whatever changes you normally would. I know that fixed my issue with superstar crashing after I'd sim a preseason game.


Return to “FAQs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests