Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

RevanFan
Legend

Re: Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

Postby RevanFan » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:41 pm

AntGormz wrote:Thank you for posting this! I have 2 questions.. 1st, where do i place the 4.0 patch referenced in the 4th paragraph? 2nd, I'm looking to be able to customize things like uniforms and plays/playbooks then going into and starting a franchise with it all. Ive noticed there are a few finished mods so I was just wondering what your suggestion would be for the experience I'm looking for? Thanks!

For the first question, the link to the patch is in that very paragraph.

For the second, playbooks aren't my specialty, but you can edit and create them in-game, as well as with some external editors found on this forum. MikeWest502 has done a lot of playbook editing lately. Maybe ask him which tools he uses?

As for uniforms, I don't know how to make them myself, nor do I know if there are any in depth tutorials here (I think there's a few), but I know that the in-game uniform editor is terrible, and for uniform editing outside of the game you need Photoshop. I would suggest asking around for suggestions there. If you just want modern uniforms from the NFL, follow the guide to download the FF/FI Mod. There's one major bug, but the next update will fix it and it will also include many modern playbooks from the aforementioned MikeWest502.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:42 pm

rb207 wrote:Hi I am able to download madden 08 through digital download at origin where I originally bought it but it does not work. I followed the steps in the guide but it didnt work first time. I have Windows 10 so it seems it might be difficult to get the game running. I just want to play some quick and slick football after trying out the mess that is Madden 21.

Is there a way to run this game with the downloaded version. I get a message saying that in order to launch this game, please login to the EA Link to verify your ownership, then try again.

PM me with as many details of your issue as you can. Provide screenshots too if you can.
My Cowboys Journal

AntGormz
Rookie

Postby AntGormz » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:43 pm

RevanFan wrote:
AntGormz wrote:Thank you for posting this! I have 2 questions.. 1st, where do i place the 4.0 patch referenced in the 4th paragraph? 2nd, I'm looking to be able to customize things like uniforms and plays/playbooks then going into and starting a franchise with it all. Ive noticed there are a few finished mods so I was just wondering what your suggestion would be for the experience I'm looking for? Thanks!

For the second, playbooks aren't my specialty, but you can edit and create them in-game, as well as with some external editors found on this forum. MikeWest502 has done a lot of playbook editing lately. Maybe ask him which tools he uses?

As for uniforms, I don't know how to make them myself, nor do I know if there are any in depth tutorials here (I think there's a few), but I know that the in-game uniform editor is terrible, and for uniform editing outside of the game you need Photoshop. I would suggest asking around for suggestions there. If you just want modern uniforms from the NFL, follow the guide to download the FF/FI Mod. There's one major bug, but the next update will fix it and it will also include many modern playbooks from the aforementioned MikeWest502.

Thank you for getting back to me. I downloaded the patch file from the link I just don’t know where to place it exactly.

As for the playbooks I remember in the ps2 days when you created a custom playbook from in game you couldn’t use it in franchise mode. Is it different for PC? I’ll prob use the external editors so I can get a little more advanced with it. I’ll look through the posts.

I have good knowledge of photoshop. I create video graphics for large traveling conventions so I need to be. I know VFX programs as well but I don’t think I’ll need that for this. Events have been slower because of the pandemic so I’ve had down time this is something I always wanted to do. Plus this will keep me busy back at the hotels while I’m traveling when we get back to work. I just didn’t know if there was a recommended mod for those of us who like to modify the uniforms ourselves. Thanks!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:05 pm

AntGormz wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Thank you for getting back to me. I downloaded the patch file from the link I just don’t know where to place it exactly.

As for the playbooks I remember in the ps2 days when you created a custom playbook from in game you couldn’t use it in franchise mode. Is it different for PC? I’ll prob use the external editors so I can get a little more advanced with it. I’ll look through the posts.

I have good knowledge of photoshop. I create video graphics for large traveling conventions so I need to be. I know VFX programs as well but I don’t think I’ll need that for this. Events have been slower because of the pandemic so I’ve had down time this is something I always wanted to do. Plus this will keep me busy back at the hotels while I’m traveling when we get back to work. I just didn’t know if there was a recommended mod for those of us who like to modify the uniforms ourselves. Thanks!

You don't place the patch file anywhere in particular. You run it. It's an .exe patch. Run the file and it'll install the patch

You can use custom playbooks in franchise mode, but I would suggest you try out the advanced playbooks editors. They're much more in depth than the in-game one. Like I said, I've only played around with them a little bit, so I can't really help you out with them, but they are definitely better than the in-game editor. But yeah... you can use them in franchise mode, and you can even use another editor to straight up replace playbooks that are in the game with your custom ones. That's what I'll be doing with the next FF Mod update; incorporating MikeWest502's playbooks.

Yeah, if you want to modify uniforms, you'll need a few utilities along with photoshop. Probably this one would do you well to help extract uniform parts from the game:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22190

And you'll need the DAT File Replacer to import/export uniform .dat files. which can be found in Mad Mod X, which is linked to in the OP of this thread. However... if you would prefer to use TexMod, which is probably a bit easier, I don't really know what you'd need, other than the aforementioned TexMod. There are others who know more about uniforms who can probably help you out.
My Cowboys Journal

RPGc
Rookie

Postby RPGc » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:32 pm

Thanks. A LOT of thanks for this topic. I was starting to get a headache and anxiety for not knowing where to star before a saw this post. :lol:
I'm not only new to the game, I'm absolutely new to the sport, so... I expect this to be an interesting journey.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:42 pm

RPGc wrote:Thanks. A LOT of thanks for this topic. I was starting to get a headache and anxiety for not knowing where to star before a saw this post. :lol:
I'm not only new to the game, I'm absolutely new to the sport, so... I expect this to be an interesting journey.

Good luck! I don't know how good Madden would be at teaching the rules of the sport, but it would likely be better than just watching a few games and trying to get it that way. I'm sure you can find some YouTube videos about it if you want a real life supplement too.

I would try to help, but it's a complicated game that can be... Hard to explain. Haha.
My Cowboys Journal

FredFalcone
Rookie

Postby FredFalcone » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:21 am

Can someone please clarify if I need .NET 1.1 if I'm on Windows 10? I cannot find a good place to download it. Thanks!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:49 am

FredFalcone wrote:Can someone please clarify if I need .NET 1.1 if I'm on Windows 10? I cannot find a good place to download it. Thanks!

It is no longer available. You SHOULD be fine without it. I will update the guide in the future.
My Cowboys Journal

FredFalcone
Rookie

Postby FredFalcone » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:03 am

RevanFan wrote:
FredFalcone wrote:Can someone please clarify if I need .NET 1.1 if I'm on Windows 10? I cannot find a good place to download it. Thanks!

It is no longer available. You SHOULD be fine without it. I will update the guide in the future.

Thank you RevanFan, appreciate all that you do for this forum and for reviving this game.

FredFalcone
Rookie

Postby FredFalcone » Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:10 pm

Not sure if this is the best place to pose this question, but should I expect there to be no music in the main menu once I have everything running?

Return to “FAQs”