Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

Gaskitt
Rookie

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby Gaskitt » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:56 am

Possible to make a snag route play?

Sponsor

Sponsor

slamminhamann
Veteran

Postby slamminhamann » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:08 pm

Question: every time I try to run a .tpf file using TexMod, I get a "D'OH" message, and then my virus protection program pops up telling me there is a Trojan virus. Has anyone else experience this? Is there something I can do to make this work?

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:17 pm

Guys, I don't think this is the right place to ask these questions. Next time use the "FAQ," "Troubleshooting," or possibly "Playbooks" forums.

Gaskitt wrote:Possible to make a snag route play?

I think it's possible using the playbook editor in MadMod-X.

slamminhamann wrote:Question: every time I try to run a .tpf file using TexMod, I get a "D'OH" message, and then my virus protection program pops up telling me there is a Trojan virus. Has anyone else experience this? Is there something I can do to make this work?

Yes, I've seen that message before with Texmod. If I remember correctly, the message body is "[expletive] happened." I fixed the issue by setting Texmod to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3. Click here for instructions on how to do that.

snoman909
Rookie

Postby snoman909 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:33 am

I don't know where to post it but iy must be said. Im new to mods in general I learned how it effected old games like mlb 2k12 first hand about 3 months ago so I wondered "what about madden 08" ? Well not only was i not disappointed but i might add a tad overwhelmed at all the mods and utility's but i installed the fx 16 update and it is awesome but then today i stumbled om a NCAA mod . ahh i will be playing NCAA on madden prob way to much lol forgetting to do house work, eat ect ect what a fantastic amazing mod / Now i had some probs getting the txt mod to download due to link saying virus found but other than that installation was a breeze on both the 09 and ncaa. I still have a ton to explore but I just wanted to take my hat off and say thank you to the fine people who are responsible for this obvious labor of love

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:40 am

snoman909 wrote:I don't know where to post it but iy must be said. Im new to mods in general I learned how it effected old games like mlb 2k12 first hand about 3 months ago so I wondered "what about madden 08" ? Well not only was i not disappointed but i might add a tad overwhelmed at all the mods and utility's but i installed the fx 16 update and it is awesome but then today i stumbled om a NCAA mod . ahh i will be playing NCAA on madden prob way to much lol forgetting to do house work, eat ect ect what a fantastic amazing mod / Now i had some probs getting the txt mod to download due to link saying virus found but other than that installation was a breeze on both the 09 and ncaa. I still have a ton to explore but I just wanted to take my hat off and say thank you to the fine people who are responsible for this obvious labor of love

If you're still having trouble downloading Texmod, here's my copy:

Texmod.7z
(580.17 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

You'll need 7zip to extract the file.

Also, if you're having issues running Texmod, try running it in compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3. Here's how.

ncburner
Rookie

Postby ncburner » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:03 am

Hey guys, I successfully installed the ff-fi xvi mod on my mac but I'm having trouble getting any other mod to work, like the texmod or Calhoupe's madden scripts. If there is anyone who is familiar with a mac that might be able to help me that would be great. I've downloaded a few different programs to help get things going seeing how most of these mods were developed on windows.
thanks

Uhhey
Rookie

Postby Uhhey » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:25 am

Cool.

Greya23
Pro Bowl

Postby Greya23 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:02 pm

Will the modding work with Amazon downloaded copy or do you have to have the disc?

JSamuel
Hall of Fame

Postby JSamuel » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:01 pm

Greya23 wrote:Will the modding work with Amazon downloaded copy or do you have to have the disc?

I have the Amazon digitally download version of Madden, and all the mods here work great.

The only thing that won't work with the Amazon version is Calhoupe's Madden Scripts. If you want to make the scripts work with the Amazon version, you'll need to send me a PM.

Greya23
Pro Bowl

Postby Greya23 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:16 pm

Im new at this how do you install the FF/FI XVI Mod for the amazon digital copy is it the same instructions for the disc

Return to “FAQs”