Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

plinst01
Rookie

Re: Starting Guide for New Players (Madden NFL 08)

Postby plinst01 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:28 pm

I followed everything in this guide and I am having problems getting the updated graphics working. Not sure what I am doing wrong... I am using the required mods listed here at viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19683#p98853 and Calhoupe's Madden Scripts. I am new to modding Madden 08. Any help would be appreciated. :D :D :D

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:05 pm

plinst01 wrote:I followed everything in this guide and I am having problems getting the updated graphics working. Not sure what I am doing wrong... I am using the required mods listed here at viewtopic.php?f=86&t=19683#p98853 and Calhoupe's Madden Scripts. I am new to modding Madden 08. Any help would be appreciated. :D :D :D

I responded to your other post.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

eFiL
Rookie

Postby eFiL » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:03 am

Is anyone else having issues with the game crashing during penalties on the new windows? I think there's a way to fix it with Ccalhoupe's script or something. Or you can partition your hard drive
let's play 1v1 on madden 08 pc, you can choose rosters :) hit me on discord for a good game

discord username: eFiL
discord ID: #2816

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:18 pm

eFiL wrote:Is anyone else having issues with the game crashing during penalties on the new windows? I think there's a way to fix it with Ccalhoupe's script or something. Or you can partition your hard drive

Partitioning is useless for this. Where did you hear that as a fix?

Yeah, you have to use calhoupe's scripts on Windows 10. You don't even need to enable any of the options. Just running the game through the scripts should be enough I think. The crashed is caused by the penalties trying to access memory addresses that Windows 10 did away with, I believe.
My Cowboys Journal

eFiL
Rookie

Postby eFiL » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:39 am

RevanFan wrote:
eFiL wrote:Is anyone else having issues with the game crashing during penalties on the new windows? I think there's a way to fix it with Ccalhoupe's script or something. Or you can partition your hard drive

Yeah, you have to use calhoupe's scripts on Windows 10. You don't even need to enable any of the options. Just running the game through the scripts should be enough I think. The crashed is caused by the penalties trying to access memory addresses that Windows 10 did away with, I believe.

Partitioning your hard drive and installing windows 8.1 or an older version when madden use to work!
let's play 1v1 on madden 08 pc, you can choose rosters :) hit me on discord for a good game

discord username: eFiL
discord ID: #2816

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:20 am

eFiL wrote:
RevanFan wrote:

Partitioning your hard drive and installing windows 8.1 or an older version when madden use to work!

Not worth the effort in my opinion. Installing a whole second OS for one game? Just use the scripts.
My Cowboys Journal

patar4097
Rookie

Postby patar4097 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:08 pm

I don't really know the best place to post this, but since I'm just getting into starting modding the game, I figured this maybe makes sense? So the game works just fine on my computer, and I got the just released updated roster, but it feels like I'm kind of playing a waiting game for 2020-21 update stuff. Is the game good about say, I start a new hall of fame player mode, but a few weeks in, the FF/FI thing is updated, will this file be stuck with the older one? I don't really have a desire to get started and then feel like I'm missing out on the current best experience if it's available soon. It's kind of the same thing with player and coach picture updates, I don't want to spend time figuring that out, only to then have to do it again right after to actually match the current rosters.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:13 pm

patar4097 wrote:I don't really know the best place to post this, but since I'm just getting into starting modding the game, I figured this maybe makes sense? So the game works just fine on my computer, and I got the just released updated roster, but it feels like I'm kind of playing a waiting game for 2020-21 update stuff. Is the game good about say, I start a new hall of fame player mode, but a few weeks in, the FF/FI thing is updated, will this file be stuck with the older one? I don't really have a desire to get started and then feel like I'm missing out on the current best experience if it's available soon. It's kind of the same thing with player and coach picture updates, I don't want to spend time figuring that out, only to then have to do it again right after to actually match the current rosters.

Currently there is no projected release date for the next FF/FI Mod update. It has to wait until Roger is done with converting the 2020 uniforms to .dat. Currently he's the only one working on it.

I would suggest starting your game now. When the next mod does come out, I would be willing to help you get your previously started game compatible with the new mod update, should I have free time. Just PM me when that day comes if you want the assistance.
My Cowboys Journal

holygrail22
Rookie

Postby holygrail22 » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:11 pm

Hi - brand new so not sure if this is the right spot. I was able to get all of the important FF/FI XIX files but I cannot seem to get the 2020-21 roster file to show up in game. I downloaded it but cannot find a "Rosters" folder to place it in. Please help!

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:51 pm

holygrail22 wrote:Hi - brand new so not sure if this is the right spot. I was able to get all of the important FF/FI XIX files but I cannot seem to get the 2020-21 roster file to show up in game. I downloaded it but cannot find a "Rosters" folder to place it in. Please help!

Did you follow this guide closely? The Rosters folder is created in the second paragraph.

When ready, create and save a roster, franchise, or superstar file. This can be deleted after you're done. You're creating this file because the folders you need for modding are not created until this is done.

Also, you're not supposed to use FF/FI XIX. That is an old version of the mod that is only listed for archive reasons. Use the latest version of the FF/FI Mod, which is just "FF/FI Mod". Download the five required packages, and follow their installation instructions. After that, download the 2020 roster and install it to your rosters folder, and then load it in-game.
My Cowboys Journal

Return to “FAQs”