Madden 08 for Mac Mod

teeibrooks
Rookie

Madden 08 for Mac Mod

Postby teeibrooks » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:03 pm

I used the mods for Madden 08 several years ago for my windows computer and loved it. However, I recently bought a Macbook pro and I was wondering if I would be able to use the Mods on it.

Madden 08 for Mac Mod

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bagel
Veteran

Re: Madden 08 for Mac Mod

Postby Bagel » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:56 pm

teeibrooks wrote:I used the mods for Madden 08 several years ago for my windows computer and loved it. However, I recently bought a Macbook pro and I was wondering if I would be able to use the Mods on it.

Yes, you should be able to get it working on your Mac with Wine. I've successfully got it to work with this general configuration:

You'll need Wineskin Winery - http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-i ... =Downloads
Create a new wrapper, and run Winetricks under the Advanced tab.
Install d3d_x36 for sure, and other tools for Madden require the .NET framework, so go ahead and install dotnet30.
Then, install your copy of Madden into the wrapper.
After that's completed, go into Screen Settings, and set them to run as a virtual desktop at the current resolution. This fixes a bug where the mouse is unable to go below the top of the screen.
You should be good after that. If you need some more help, then feel free to ask. You can also install TexMod into this same wrapper, and just point Wine to open that .exe to use your tpfs. To install the FF mod, the Madden NFL 08 folder should show up in your Documents folder, and you can install the mod as usual by placing the mod's files in there.

teeibrooks
Rookie

Postby teeibrooks » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:27 pm

Thank you my brother for the quick response. I will take your advise.

mrfreemiles
Rookie

Postby mrfreemiles » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:49 pm

Bagel wrote:
teeibrooks wrote:I used the mods for Madden 08 several years ago for my windows computer and loved it. However, I recently bought a Macbook pro and I was wondering if I would be able to use the Mods on it.

Yes, you should be able to get it working on your Mac with Wine. I've successfully got it to work with this general configuration:

You'll need Wineskin Winery - http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-i ... =Downloads
Install d3d_x36 for sure, and other tools for Madden require the .NET framework, so go ahead and install dotnet30.
After that's completed, go into Screen Settings, and set them to run as a virtual desktop at the current resolution. This fixes a bug where the mouse is unable to go below the top of the screen.
You should be good after that. If you need some more help, then feel free to ask. You can also install TexMod into this same wrapper, and just point Wine to open that .exe to use your tpfs. To install the FF mod, the Madden NFL 08 folder should show up in your Documents folder, and you can install the mod as usual by placing the mod's files in there.

Sorry to be a noobie, but how exactly do you get from having Wine installed to having Madden open? I've got a wrapper on the latest engine. Once the wrapper icon shows, I dragged my Madden 08 .exe file onto the wrapper but received an error code and it will not load. I made sure to install .NET framework and another one related to HTML (auto prompted when I created the wrapper).

adoreizi
Pro Bowl

Postby adoreizi » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:55 pm

Bagel wrote:

Still having problems running madden in Wine. I installed the winetricks you suggested but still get error messages while playing. Any suggestions?

GeneralSilent
MVP

Postby GeneralSilent » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:00 pm

adoreizi wrote:
Bagel wrote:

Still having problems running madden in Wine. I installed the winetricks you suggested but still get error messages while playing. Any suggestions?

What errors do you get? I'm running Madden on Mac just fine with WIne
God bless america!

adoreizi
Pro Bowl

Postby adoreizi » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:15 pm

GeneralSilent wrote:
adoreizi wrote:
Bagel wrote:

What errors do you get? I'm running Madden on Mac just fine with WIne

"The program mainapp.exe has experienced a serious problem and needs to close."

lbalbo
Veteran

Postby lbalbo » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:03 pm

I run Madden with the Mod on my iMac (Late 2013) version 10.10.5 without Wine. My Madden application is a Mac version, not Windows. Then I just put the Mod files in the right location: Hard Drive/Users/YOUR NAME/Library/Preferences/Madden NFL 08 Preferences/p_drive/My Documents. All editing is done in Windows 7 through BOOTCAMP. Again, Madden itself is a Mac version.

georgeleao
Rookie

Postby georgeleao » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:43 pm

lbalbo wrote:I run Madden with the Mod on my iMac (Late 2013) version 10.10.5 without Wine. My Madden application is a Mac version, not Windows. Then I just put the Mod files in the right location: Hard Drive/Users/YOUR NAME/Library/Preferences/Madden NFL 08 Preferences/p_drive/My Documents. All editing is done in Windows 7 through BOOTCAMP. Again, Madden itself is a Mac version.

Can someone tell me how to solve the mouse problem? It can no longer align with the options on the screen. To select FRANCHISE I need to point the mouse at the top of the screen.

MCCraeFresh
Rookie

Postby MCCraeFresh » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:12 pm

georgeleao wrote:
lbalbo wrote:I run Madden with the Mod on my iMac (Late 2013) version 10.10.5 without Wine. My Madden application is a Mac version, not Windows. Then I just put the Mod files in the right location: Hard Drive/Users/YOUR NAME/Library/Preferences/Madden NFL 08 Preferences/p_drive/My Documents. All editing is done in Windows 7 through BOOTCAMP. Again, Madden itself is a Mac version.

Can someone tell me how to solve the mouse problem? It can no longer align with the options on the screen. To select FRANCHISE I need to point the mouse at the top of the screen.

Not sure if you have this problem solved, but if you update the OS to Mojave, the problem fixes itself

Return to “FAQs”