How to use madcat?

LeBron
All-Pro

How to use madcat?

Postby LeBron » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi, here in Brazil we're trying to make websites with the stats on our custom games, by the way I also wanna to export my stats of my franchise and put it online. So how you use the program? I already search topics about madcat but didn't find anything that could help me to do what I'm planning without creating this topic.

ANY tip/help will be amazing!

How to use madcat?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Palyarmerc
Pro Bowl

Re: How to use madcat?

Postby Palyarmerc » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:30 pm

Depends how much you know about MySQL and PHP website hosting. Do you have this?

If you have the money, there is a guy who will do it all for you http://www.mva-football.com/Odawg/services.php
Take a look at my modified site http://www.nomandown.co.uk/madcat194/index.php

I'm currently working on a tutorial. It will include a download of MADCAT 1.9.4
I've fixed a lot of errors and added some new features like an RSS feed to show news from sites like The Gaming Tailgate.

The tutorial will also include how to set up and run an offline server for those wanting to display their own Franchise for personal enjoyment.
Should be ready by the weekend.

clrdk
MVP

Postby clrdk » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:31 am

Nice, great news Palyarmerc, look forward to hear more about the tutorial

Palyarmerc
Pro Bowl

Postby Palyarmerc » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:40 am

OK here it is. I'm sure you know how this is done already clrdk, but I know at least you are as enthusiastic as me about how it all works,
so I'm always grateful for your encouragement. :)

It's only my way of doing it, but the PHP code is fixed at least so should install without too much trouble.
The great thing is you don't need a website to use this software, so any madden player can install a home server for stats.

here goes...

http://nomandown.co.uk/SiteContent/madcatv194/madcat194.php

LeBron
All-Pro

Postby LeBron » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:48 pm

Palyarmerc wrote:Depends how much you know about MySQL and PHP website hosting. Do you have this?

If you have the money, there is a guy who will do it all for you http://www.mva-football.com/Odawg/services.php
Take a look at my modified site http://www.nomandown.co.uk/madcat194/index.php

I'm currently working on a tutorial. It will include a download of MADCAT 1.9.4
I've fixed a lot of errors and added some new features like an RSS feed to show news from sites like The Gaming Tailgate.

The tutorial will also include how to set up and run an offline server for those wanting to display their own Franchise for personal enjoyment.
Should be ready by the weekend.

That's great, thank you very much. I'm excited to see your tutorial

Palyarmerc
Pro Bowl

Postby Palyarmerc » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:50 pm

Hey Thanks LeBron

To be honest (I might be playing down how much I've learned in 20 years of computing) but it's all pretty straight forward.
I created a tutorial on Web Hosting a few years back. And I honestly started out knowing very little, just a bit of HTML.

So I have seriously tried to write it all down as if I didn't know either, and hopefully the tutorials will help fast track you to success.

Last of all, I've never broken anything playing around with this type of software so no need to be afraid.
If you can navigate and rename files and folders you'll be fine. ;)

BR_DreadlocK
Veteran

Postby BR_DreadlocK » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:26 am

Palyarmerc wrote:OK here it is. I'm sure you know how this is done already clrdk, but I know at least you are as enthusiastic as me about how it all works,
so I'm always grateful for your encouragement. :)

It's only my way of doing it, but the PHP code is fixed at least so should install without too much trouble.
The great thing is you don't need a website to use this software, so any madden player can install a home server for stats.

here goes...

http://nomandown.co.uk/SiteContent/madcatv194/madcat194.php

Hey man, thx.
But I'm having some problems, what's your PHP version?
Mine is PHP 5.3 and I'm getting many errors messages, do you know how to fix that?

Palyarmerc
Pro Bowl

Postby Palyarmerc » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:34 am

can you post an example. give me run down of what you have done so far.
Provided you have set up a MySQL database ok and edited the _mysql info

$mysql_host = "localhost";
$mysql_username = "root";
$mysql_password = "password";
$mysql_database = "databasename";
$mysql_prefix = "madcat_";

then, you'll need to either install my example sql file (in the sql folder) or enter your first pre-season week league.txt and team.txt's and your fav team Name and City
I forgot: on line 84 of the Install.php it says (this was to allow MySQL setup without initial password)

if (MYSQL_DATABASE == "" || MYSQL_HOST == "" || MYSQL_USERNAME == "") // MYSQL_PASSWORD == ""
it should say (entering a password here will probably cause a fail)
if (MYSQL_DATABASE == "" || MYSQL_HOST == "" || MYSQL_USERNAME == "" || MYSQL_PASSWORD == "")

BR_DreadlocK
Veteran

Postby BR_DreadlocK » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:15 pm

I've installed it and when I use PHP 5.2 it works, but I have to use PHP 5.3 because of my layout.
With 5.3 even the login page doesn't work. Do you have an idea of what this can be? It says the codes are predicated in 5.3 and another error messages.

Palyarmerc
Pro Bowl

Postby Palyarmerc » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:39 am

Hmmmm, curious.

I spent ages fixing deprecated code for my PHP 5.3.13, maybe it was fine all along. Not sure about that though.
When your XAMP / WAMP is running , have you set it to use Short_Open_Tag ? (left click system tray icon and select settings)

Try the Original files, just rename all the BAK extension back to original (install folder is there too) and give that a go. I'd try the short open tag fisrt though.

Again, an example of what it says in the PHP error code would be helpful. Which file, which lines?

Return to “FAQs”