FAQ thread

Administrator
Site Admin

FAQ thread

Postby Administrator » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Q: How can I get a copy of the ___________ utility? I've seen many people discussing it and/or remember seeing it on Football-Freaks....

The files page (http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18332) has links to many of the files. The Madden Modifications (Madmod-X etc.) come packaged with numerous great utilities.

I posted, but it's not showing up?

Newly registered members' posts are moderated until approval of their first post. This is done to thwart spammers. We check the moderation queue regularly, so your wait should be minimal. New members can submit more than one post, but none of them will show up until a moderator approves. Please refrain from double posting!

I'm just getting started with Madden PC. What are the "must haves" which I need to get started?

First, you'll need a copy of the Madden game for PC. The latest, and the one which is heavily supported and modded here, is Madden 08. Some gamers have opined that the 2004 game was the best in terms of realism, but utilities and rosters may be harder to come by for that, or other, years.

You should have a legal copy of the game, otherwise you're violating copyright law. If you're using a pirated version of the game, other members of the community may be very hesitant to assist you with questions or issues. If you don't have the game, you can often find it in physical form at ebay, half.com or even in a thrift store, and the digital download is on Amazon.

Once you have the game, look to the Starting Guide for New Players.

Most likely, when you install your game out-of-box, it will have the NFL rosters from 2007. You'll want to head over to the "Rosters" forum to find current roster files and to implement them.

You'll also want to find the package called "MadMod-X" which is posted here and in other places. It's the collection of years of work by members of this community, here and on the predecessor site "Football Freaks." It contains a bunch of updates and modifications for the game, as well as numerous utility programs which are very useful.

FAQ thread

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “FAQs”