Version 0.0

darth603tim
Rookie

Version 0.0

Postby darth603tim » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:27 am

Okay so I have the latest FXIII mod, and I want to play online, but whenever I try, it says I have a different version. Is there any way to update to 4.0 while using FFX mod??

Version 0.0

Sponsor

Sponsor

PML17
Hall of Fame

Re: Version 0.0

Postby PML17 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:05 am

darth603tim wrote:Okay so I have the latest FXIII mod, and I want to play online, but whenever I try, it says I have a different version. Is there any way to update to 4.0 while using FFX mod??

If you edit the DB_TEMPLATES.dat, the version goes back to v0.0. Just remove that file and make sure you are using the roster that came with the mod so it will work with the uniforms.
Retired from the Fourm. I check back in once a month, sorry in advance for late replies.

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:40 pm

darth603tim wrote:Okay so I have the latest FXIII mod, and I want to play online, but whenever I try, it says I have a different version. Is there any way to update to 4.0 while using FFX mod??

You should be able to play against anyone else who has the mod. If not, you'll need to go with the roster they are using, which would most likely mean removing either the DB_Templates file or all of the mod.
Support me on Cash App - $RevanFan
Historic Cowboys Teams Mod
My Cowboys Journal
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a lifelong New Yorker.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:51 pm

RevanFan wrote:

You should be able to play against anyone else who has the mod. If not, you'll need to go with the roster they are using, which would most likely mean removing either the DB_Templates file or all of the mod.

Only the DB_Templates file has to be changed. All that has to be done with it is renaming it, or moving it to the desktop. When you're finished with the online game, put it back in.

truetothegame13
MVP

Postby truetothegame13 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:36 pm

so i just installed madden 08. i patch it. shows version 4.0. to use mods and mod correctly, i hear we need version 0.0. does it change to 0.0 as soon as we mod or use modded files with 4.0?
My Corner (my threads): Includes tips for graphics, settings, screen resolution, sliders. Great roster resources from multi-platforms (converting/porting). 4GB patch for 64-bit processors.

NickyJ
Hall of Fame

Postby NickyJ » Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:53 pm

You don't necessarily "need" the version to be 0.0 for a mod to work. The number changing is just a side effect of using a modified DB_Templates file. If you were to use modded graphics files but not change the DB_Templates file, the version number will stay as 4.0 and the mod will still work perfectly.

Return to “FAQs”