How to use madcat?

Palyarmerc
Pro Bowl

Re: How to use madcat?

Postby Palyarmerc » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:55 am

As the months drift by I forget the changes I made or even how I made them without retracing my steps.
I do try to make notes, for my own reference, as I go, and details of how to edit certain elements are
available in the tutorial, or in the download section of my demo-site.
(this include which files to edit to replace references to NCAA -- email me if you can't find it, I don't always monitor these forums ;-)

The rss errors could indicate a function not enabled in the server php settings or a bad reference to an rss feed.
Check your server settings for allow fsockpen or the index.php link to your rss feed (should only be one, try one you know works)

One error I kept getting in the gamecenter.php box score (Individual game statistics page) was
(!) Strict standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in E:\...\...\...\gamecenter.php on line 147
Not sure how to fix thisas yet. I will post a solution if I find one.

EDIT: ah, of course - to remove the NCAA news, edit the line for the rss feed. Quite simply remove the following code in your INDEX.PHP

include('rssclass.php');
$feedlist = new rss('http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/external.php?do=rss&type=newcontent&sectionid=1&days=120&count=3');

<table border="0" class="smallbold" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="490">
<tr class="t_<?php echo $myTeam; ?>">
<td valign="bottom" class="statcell" ><center><a href='http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/forums/content.php' target='_blank'>THE GAMING TAILGATE</center></a></td></tr>
<tr><td valign="bottom" class="statcell" ><?php echo $feedlist->display(3,""); ?> </td></tr>
</table>

Replace with one of the Modules that were hidden
e.g <!-- outputGotW("t_$teamName", "<center>GAME OF THE WEEK</center>", $rankings, $year, "$myTeam"); -->
Example 9to replace blank area with an original module still found int the index.php and hidden using <!-- this -->
<table border="0" class="smallbold" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="490">
<tr class="t_<?php echo $myTeam; ?>">
<td valign="bottom" class="statcell" ><center><a href='' target='_blank'>TITLE</center></a></td></tr>
<tr><td valign="bottom" class="statcell" > <?php outputGotW("t_$teamName", "<center>GAME OF THE WEEK</center>", $rankings, $year, "$myTeam"); ?> </td></tr>
</table>

Sponsor

Sponsor

thumstyx
All-Pro

Postby thumstyx » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:35 pm

Thanks to Palymerc's tutorial I was able to successfully install and configure WAMP, MadCat 1.9.4

I have logged into /madcat194/admin/index.php

I am staring at an admin GUI that appears to have successfully connected to the DB that auto installed per the tutorial

Now what... :D

Is there any documentation on how to manage a Franchise from to week?
What data do I need to export and import from a franchise?

If someone would be so kind as to post what weekly tasks need to be completed it would be very much appreciated
Again, Thank You for the awesome tutorial

Palyarmerc
Pro Bowl

Postby Palyarmerc » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:58 pm

(in response to thumstyx's Private Message for help)

I'm not sure how to start a franchise as year 2013. There is a tutorial around the Forums here on how to achieve this.

As you have noted, the settings to output stats should be selected in Madden08
Menu/Settings/Game Options/Stats - Franchise Log as Text File to a Stats Folder.

The tutorial does demonstrate how to import logs to the Database.
If using auto-install, a Database should have been created successfully.

Essentially, at the end of every week played, an Individual Stats report is output for Each team, along with a League Standings Report (league.txt) in your C:\Users\Docs\Madden Folder.
Examples of these files can be found in my Madcat194 version, Admin/Pre-Season Sub-folders, and I recommend practising importing and displaying these until it all makes sense to you.

Only after you have imported the first week and selected your hoe team will Madcat display any data correctly.
Creating and deleting databases is easy enough to 'do-over' until you are confident in it's use, just be sure not to delete any of your important Match or League Statistics
which is why i store my C:\Users\Docs\Madden08\Stats files in a weekly Season\Week-Number sub-folder in my E:\Madcat194\Admin\Season Folder

So, to re-cap. Importing stats -- your Player Profile Folder in C:\ will contain a Stats\Franchise Name\ Season\Teams folder
Copy this Season and it's sub-folders to a year folder in Madcat194\Admin\(2007 - for example) (the season folder contains your current weeks standings, a league.txt)

Create a sub-folder for that week, Madcat194\Admin\(2007\PreSeason\week1 let's say
Move Imported files form Madcat194\Admin\(2007\PreSeason\Teams let's say, into Madcat194\Admin\(2007\PreSeason\week1 (including the
Madcat194\Admin\(2007\PreSeason\ league.txt (which you import first)

Individual game stats (Vikings at Jets - psw1.txt) (games you have controlled in Madden08) would be placed in your Madcat\2007\w1 folder (w2,w3 etc for Season games or psw1,psw2 subfolders etc for pre-season games) to allow output of match stats for these games in your madcat games-played link

Sound complicated (a lot of text here for those not following the process) but it's really very simple ;)

Good Luck, and only too glad I could help you all out :D

thumstyx
All-Pro

Postby thumstyx » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:23 pm

With your tutorial I was able to configure everything successfully
I read through your tutorial regarding export / import and I believe I have a better understanding
I will of course attempt a few practice seasons in order to get the hang of it

The question regarding "starting the season in 2013"...
I guess my biggest question is...

The MadCat admin portal gives us the option to specify a year when importing
If I start a franchise in game in year 2007 would I simply be able to specify the first year as 2013 when importing in MadCat would this cause issues?
I guess I am not sure if MadCat parses for dates in the .txt files... We'll find out!
(I have not looked at the text files closely enough to determine if they include data pertaining to dates)

Looking forward to learning how to utilize MadCat and I sincerely appreciate your tutorial and assistance

Thanks again,

saintsfan913
Rookie

Postby saintsfan913 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:11 pm

i found the links and stuff but i dont know how to work madcat can somebody help me i need it for my new league i created starting this friday saturday and sunday so can somebody help me figure out madcat

onknight
Pro Bowl

Postby onknight » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:09 am

Could you do a youtube Video of a madcat setup please

I follow better seeing it done then I do reading it

iamsaintsfan
Pro Bowl

Postby iamsaintsfan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:54 pm

here is a example from my league site http://bhflpcmaddenleague.comxa.com/index.php its really easy to do

ycleped
Hall of Fame

Postby ycleped » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:32 pm

I know I'm pretty late on this, but I have a domain via ipage and I'm trying to figure out how to install MADCAT on my site.

It requires a mysql database but I have already uploaded the sql file in phpmyadmin. I uploaded the program folder with filezilla to the site directory, and I used htaccess to set the default page, but I'm still getting a Forbidden 403 error.

I have the instructions on how to set it up and I was able to set it up on a localhost using WAMP, but for some reason uploading it to my ipage site is not working. Any advice?
// Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me //

ImageImage
ImageImage

Kevin5455
Hall of Fame

Postby Kevin5455 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:18 pm

ycleped wrote:I know I'm pretty late on this, but I have a domain via ipage and I'm trying to figure out how to install MADCAT on my site.

It requires a mysql database but I have already uploaded the sql file in phpmyadmin. I uploaded the program folder with filezilla to the site directory, and I used htaccess to set the default page, but I'm still getting a Forbidden 403 error.

I have the instructions on how to set it up and I was able to set it up on a localhost using WAMP, but for some reason uploading it to my ipage site is not working. Any advice?

Is that what Madcat is for? Putting your roster on a website?? :|

madden07eurocat
Hall of Fame

Postby madden07eurocat » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:18 am

ycleped wrote:I know I'm pretty late on this, but I have a domain via ipage and I'm trying to figure out how to install MADCAT on my site.

Did you get any help?

I've been thinking of putting my franchise info on an ipage site as well, but haven't gone through the process of doing it locally yet. If putting this out on an ipage site is not viable then I don't if I would be interested in learning the whole process.
I am a non-programmer type and it would take a lot of time for me to get up to speed on this.
Don't sweat the petty things, and yet don't pet the sweaty things! ;)

Return to “FAQs”