Position shifts (changes)

Veteran

Postby 158.3 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:28 pm

Probably this question has been discussed in the past... but i need enlightenment.

First of all, as far as i can see, there is no chance to shift any other player's position to QB - in other words its impossibly to shift an arbitrary WR/TE or HB to QB position.
You can only get QBs off the draft and free agency. This is hard-coded in the game and cann't be changed neither in-game nor with work-around out of Madden.
Am I right ?

Secondly, im not aware why QB cannot be shifted to HB... The possible options for QB position shifts are WR, TE and ... SS/FS. Very puzzling if you ask me for the latter 2 posts.

Thirdly: i want to make a custom package in Madden for I Formation. In the concrete i would like to have options for replacing of FB/HB with WR or QB2/QB3.
But it's impossible, because the default permitted subs in custom packages editor for offensive backs are only the same ones + TE. There is no other choice.
I don't get why there are so many restrictions in this field of the game..?
Personally i think , that there should have been the possibility for any kind of player changes - even if i would like to put a CB on offense instead of a HB or FB...
such an option should have to exist in custom packages manager if EA dare to pretend , they had created an epic game for a quite a cash !
It's a shame, there has been such an restriction imho !

At the end - is there any roundabout for this stupidity, guys ?

Sponsor

Sponsor

mike9472
MVP

Re: Position shifts (changes)

Postby mike9472 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:52 pm

Not sure if I'm understanding what you mean, but you can use Playbook Editor 1.2 to change the personnel of a formation. Right click on the position you want to change and select Edit SETG then choose the personnel you want. I right clicked on the FB position, now I can change it to HB2 or TE2 to eliminate having a FB.

01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MikeWest502
All-Pro

Re: Position shifts (changes)

Postby MikeWest502 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:43 am

I have a I formation sub package where T.Hill and Kelce line up as HB and FB and another Shotgun and Pistol formation package where T.Hill is QB and Kelce is HB! And then a couple sub packages a) WR2->QB2 and FB1->LT2, for Double Pass play. Or b) QB2->HB1 for HB Option Pass play! Use 1.2 editor like Mike9472 mentioned!

Return to “FAQs”