Starting Guide for New Players

tc86gn
Rookie

Re: Starting Guide for New Players

Postby tc86gn » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:43 pm

I was here when the first mod was done and enjoyed it very much. A few years later and I am coming back again to enjoy the classic team and/or season experience. I am familiar with most of the stuff here but, much has changed and have done a lot of reading in the past couple days so I guess I am an old newb so I am going to ask a few questions that may sound stupid to some.

All I have done so far is load a disc version of 08pc and run the game and make the necessary folders. I am now on windows 10. the net framework is already 4.7. do I still need to install all the others? I do not plan to play online due to my satellite internet in the boonies. Is the patch 4.0 still need to be installed? Also, what is the order of install from A to Z starting from scratch? Is it the order in which all the the stuff is listed in post#1?

Thank you in advance.

Sponsor

Sponsor

RevanFan
Legend

Postby RevanFan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:47 pm

tc86gn wrote:I was here when the first mod was done and enjoyed it very much. A few years later and I am coming back again to enjoy the classic team and/or season experience. I am familiar with most of the stuff here but, much has changed and have done a lot of reading in the past couple days so I guess I am an old newb so I am going to ask a few questions that may sound stupid to some.

All I have done so far is load a disc version of 08pc and run the game and make the necessary folders. I am now on windows 10. the net framework is already 4.7. do I still need to install all the others? I do not plan to play online due to my satellite internet in the boonies. Is the patch 4.0 still need to be installed? Also, what is the order of install from A to Z starting from scratch? Is it the order in which all the the stuff is listed in post#1?

Thank you in advance.

You should still have the other .NETs so as to make sure the utilities work. If you have Windows 10, it has 4.7 and 3.5, but not 1.1 and 2.0.

4.0 patch is not strictly required, but should still be installed just for safety.

Post #1 of this thread should have all the info you need, in order.
My Historic Cowboys Teams - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=240
My Cowboys Journal - http://footballidiot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3610
I'm a die hard Cowboys fan and a New Yorker born and raised.

tc86gn
Rookie

Postby tc86gn » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:04 am

Thank you for the reply. Going to work on it this weekend. You guys do good work.

Return to “FAQs”